Chapter 6: We got this, Right?

ALEXIS POV:

It's been 2 days since it all went down with Lucy, and I still haven't spoken a word to her. I've stayed at Nyla's the last few days, as these last couple of days have brought up some feelings I thought I had buried. But I think I'm ready to go back, however I think speaking to Sargent Grey about everything I've been feeling is a good idea, as I know how much this job can get to me.

Nyla parks the car, and turns it off, before turning to me,

"You ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

I reply, taking a deep breath and stepping out of the car. Nyla and I walk into the station and we say goodbye as she heads to the locker rooms and I head to Sargent Grey's office. I knock on the door, and he signals for me to enter. Taking a deep breath, I push open the door.

"Officer Diaz, good to have you back, what can I do for you?"

"I just wanted to speak to you about some things. But firstly I want to thank you for allowing me to have the last few days, I know rookies aren't usually allowed time off. But, I wanted to talk to you, because I didn't want you to hear it from anyone else. This situation has brought up some difficult emotions for me, and I guess I just wanted to tell you myself so it can't be used against me. But I promise that I will be on my A-game in work, no matter what."

I took a deep breath after word vomiting on Grey, and looked at him. He had a sympathetic but meaningful look in his eyes. He looked at me and said,

"I appreciate you being honest with me Diaz, and I have no doubt that you will be on top form, but I want you to know that it's always okay to not be 100% all the time, we are human beings after all."

"Yes sir"

"Good, now go get ready for roll call."

I nodded and head out of his office and towards the locker room.

TIME SKIP
..........................................

Sat at the front in roll call, as others begin to file in, Olivia comes and sits beside me. She looks annoyed.

"You okay Liv?"
I ask, and judging by the look she gave me, it's a no.

"Not particularly."

"Why what's up?"

"I can't explain, you'll find out in a second."

'Okayyy' I think to myself. Why would I find out in roll call why Olivia is annoyed? Oh well, I guess I'll know in a minute.

Sargent Grey walks in and stands at the front. He gives the usual messages before saying,

"Now, we have some changes to do with our rookies and their T.Os. We're going to be doing a little swap, however, only with two, one of you three will be left unaffected. So, Officer Newton, you will now be riding with Officer Bradford for the foreseeable future and Officer Diaz, you will now be riding with Detective Harper. Officer Smith and Detective Lopez will remain together. That is all. Be safe out there."

Ah. So that's why Olivia is annoyed. I'm very pleased with the swap to he honest, I'm exhausted what with Tim grilling me 24/7. Plus, Harper is like a mother to me and I know we work well.

I walk out of roll call, heading for the kit room to grab the war bags. As I pick them up, I notice Olivia death staring me. It's not like the switch was my idea. But I continue without looking at her. I then feel another pair of eyes on me and low and behold, it's Lucy. I don't acknowledge her either, I just grab the bags and walk out towards the shop to set up.

TIME SKIP: END OF SHIFT (SORRY)

"Hey Lexi wait up!"

Nyla shouts at me across the station and I stop, waiting for her to catch up. She gets to me and puts her arm round my shoulder as we begin to walk again.

"You did amazing today Lex."

"Thanks Nyla, that means a lot."

We walk to the car and when we get there she asks if I want to still stay at her house. Making sure it's okay with her I say yes, and we drive off. We get to hers and flop down on the sofa. I lay with my head on her lap. I look up at her and say,

"We're gonna be okay, right?"

"Of course we will Lex, you and me. We got this."

Or do we?...........
....................................................................
A/N: IM SO SORRY THIS HAS TAKEN SO LONG. I HAVE LESS THAN 2 WEEKS OF EXAMS LEFT SO UPDATES WILL GET BETTER, I THINK! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH IT ALL MEANS. I AM ALSO OPEN TO PLOT SUGGESTIONS CAUSE IDEAS ARE HARD LOL.