1

"Chief... Please wake up!"

Who's that?

I felt as if I had been sleeping for a very long time.

I had gone through many, many dreams.

The realm of dreams dispersed, and then my vision returned to darkness.

"Chief, please wake up. If you still don't wake up now, Her Highness is going to be married away!"

Her Highness? Who's that...

Suddenly, my spirit shook.

Her Highness!?

Jennie!

I opened my eyes with great effort.

The light was harsh to my eyes, and I felt powerless all over my body.

My fuzzy vision gradually cleared up after blinking many times.

I finally saw who had woken me up: "Irene?"

"It's me! You've woken up."

"Water..."

We were sitting in a jostling carriage.

My body was still full of aches and devoid of strength, but I clenched my fists tightly, and my eyes burned with rage!

Irene told me that Jisoo had taken advantage of others in peril; she had shamelessly used saving me as a bargaining chip, forcing Jennie to marry her!

I finally learned about what had happened in the time that I was in a coma.

In this world, Liam Manoban and Jennie Bridgerton were already 'dead'.

The new King had personally announced their death.

I thought further, then realized that Jennie must have suggested such a thing.

She wanted to free me from my chains, returning my freedom.

She did this to ensure a lifetime of peace for me!

I pounded the desk heavily.

The fire in mu eyes blazed fiercely while my hand hurt from the impact.

Without you, what's the point of a lifetime of peace?

Without you, what use is my freedom?!

I hated Jisoo for taking advantage of my moment of weakness, and I was even more upset that Jennie would agree to this!

I could no longer calm myself down to think about the peculiarities within this.

The carriage was hurried to a flying speed.

I could not ride a horse with my current condition, and the jostling carriage was already extremely uncomfortable for me, but I couldn't care about so much.

I just wanted to head to the grass plains at the speed of fire, to ruin this wedding, and to take back my wife!

***

Irene and Lisa travelled through day and night until they finally arrived at the grass plains on the night before Jennie and Jisoo's wedding.

'Liam' was no longer in this world.

Even if Lisa was to stand right in front of my soldiers, she could not dispatch a single one of them.

The Toman tribe's soldiers heavily surrounded the carriage.

Lisa stood up resolutely.

Irene stopped her before she could jump down the carriage: "Chief!"