2

Jennie slammed the door to the 'bridal chamber' shut.

"Take off your clothes!" Jennie said coldly as she let go of Lisa's hand.

Lisa opened her mouth, but she gave up on struggling when she saw that Jennie was staring at the blood in the middle of her chest with an anxious and pained expression.

She took off her mourning clothes.

Fortunately, the trick dagger retracted on any surface.

There was only a shallow opening in the middle of Lisa's chest.

Jennie breathed out heavily, and she finally relaxed.

"Lis, promise me. Don't be so reckless anymore."

"Mm." Lisa nodded earnestly.

Jennie took out a new set of clothes from the wardrobe for Lisa to wear.

However, Lisa furrowed her brows and rejected it flatly: "I won't wear her clothes."

Jennie had never seen Lisa so obviously disgusted with anyone before.

She did not want to go against Lisa's wishes either, so she put down those clothes, then she helped Lisa to adjust her mourning clothes back properly.

Still, Lisa could not help but complain: "How ugly!"

"Once we're out of the grass plains, let's go and buy new clothes in Yangguan city then."

"Lis, you can't go back to Yangguan city anymore... Neither of us can go back."

Lisa finally remembered that they were already 'dead'.

And all of this, was for her sake.

If she was not a woman, Jennie could still live in the capital as the Grand Eldest Princess. She could still be enjoying a life of comfort and luxury.

Lisa wrapped Jennie into her embrace, hugging her tightly.

Jennie rested her head on Lisa's shoulders.

Feeling her warmth, feeling her strength, she said quietly: "I'm so glad that you're awake."

Lisa could not resist kissing Jennie's smooth forehead.

She sighed, then she said guiltily: "I'm sorry, Your Highness. I've made you worry."

"I am no longer a Princess."

"Jennie."

"Hmm."

Lisa started to smile.

There was an ease in her expression that she never had before.

Nestled in her arms, Jennie was smiling too.

"Lis, I shouldn't have let you go to battle. I regret it so much. Those days when you were in a coma, I hated myself to death. If I had just rejected Jonathan when he first brought it up, there would not have been what happened after that."

"It's all in the past. And today, I have a feeling that it might be a blessing in disguise. If that did not happen, how could I have retired from military power so easily?"

Jennie shook her head.

Resting on Lisa's shoulders, she tilted her head up slightly.

She said as she looked at Lisa's profile: "There are plenty of ways to retire from military power. It's not worth it if your life was at stake."

Jennie's warm breaths hit on Lisa's earlobe faintly.

Lisa couldn't help but shrink her neck: "That tickles~"