13

This time, the villagers of Elderville got to know just how wealthy their village chief was.

That procession of a hundred house servants have truly given them quite a shock.

They started to imagine how big Lisa's original residence was, in order to require the service of that many servants.

They truly could not comprehend why Lisa would give up such a luxurious life to settle in this small farming village instead.

The villagers could not think of any answers even after racking their brains, but now they were even more respectful towards Lisa's family.

Lisa remained as she always was.

She had Nayeon and Chiquita stay while the rest of the 'house servants' were sent to live in the county town temporarily.

The village returned to their daily peace, but the happiest person was none other than Chiquita.

She could live with her parents once again. This was her birthday wish every year after Jennie and Lisa withdrew from the court.

Ever since Lisa and Jennie 'passed away', her King Uncle cared for her very much.

Jonathan had granted her the privilege of free passage from the imperial palace, but the little lady still missed her parents.

It had to be said that Jennie's decision to leave Chiquita in Nayeon's care was very wise.

Nayeon would mention Lisa and Jennie's past to Chiquita from time to time, so as to strengthen her memory.

When Chiquita was old enough to truly understand things, Nayeon told her about the truth of the matter.

Although they were separated for five years, Chiquita did not feel distant from Lisa.

On the contrary, she felt even closer.

They all say that daughters were their father's little cotton-padded jacket.

Lisa and Chiquita were a very good example of it.

In Chiquita's heart, Lisa was always the image of a big hero.

Reuniting again after five years, the little lady stuck to her 'daddy' all the time.

Jennie was secretly jealous over it. She had not poured any less care into her daughter, so why was her daughter not as close to her?

Lisa had an extra little follower from then on.

No matter if she was fetching water, chopping wood, or sowing the fields, a small tail would follow behind her.

When Chiquita got tired, she would just hang onto Lisa's body.

Though, telling her that she was not allowed to follow was absolutely impossible.

Chiquita had always lived a comfortable and luxurious life.

She had never seen such farming chores before.

But no matter what Lisa did, Chiquita would always have an expression of utter admiration.

That made Lisa so satisfied and gleeful.

At eight years of age, Chiquita was old enough to start schooling.

She was a little adult now.

That was why Jonathan passed a decree to let Chiquita go to visit her parents grave when he received Jennie's letter.

This cover allowed Chiquita more than enough time too.

There were a number of pelts drying in the courtyard of Lisa and Jennie's home—they were all trophies that Lisa had hunted from the mountains.