7

Lisa did not hear what Jennie said to Jisoo in the end.

She looked at Jisoo and Jennie from afar through the carriage window.

At the end of their conversation, the two of them smiled.

Lisa revealed a relieved smile too.

She put down the carriage window, then she jumped down from the carriage.

Jennie gradually walked closer towards her.

There was also an ease in her expression that she never had before.

Lisa helped Jennie up the carriage, then the six of them set off to the south.

Why six people?

When Jennie 'died', the top three Moons resolutely and decisively retired from the position of Moons.

They had also recommended new choices for Jonathan.

They had received the most kindness from Diana, and they were even more fiercely loyal towards Jennie, so they would rather give up a relatively favorable life to follow Jennie instead.

Jennie was very relieved that there would still be such people who were willing to follow her, even without her royal status.

In this journey, many people had come to help her.

And of course, there were people who had betrayed her along the way.

There was also one more person dragging behind Joy— Yeri, who had also retired from the status of a Moon.

Nayeon wanted to follow Jennie to the ends of the earth too.

But Jennie considered that Chiquita needed to have capable hands around her, hence she left Nayeon to her daughter.

Nayeon was still the stewardess of the Princess estate in the end.

Jennie had left a special contact method for Nayeon.

Even if she and Lisa could not see Chiquita for the time being, they would never miss out on news about their daughter.

----

One horse carriage, and four horses.

Under the morning sun that had just stepped out of the horizon, six people headed south together.

Standing alone amidst falling flowers, a pair of swallows played in the light drizzle.

They reached Jiangnan under the fine drizzling rain.

The carriage progressed leisurely.

Lisa looked out the window, appreciating the scenery outside with interest.

The weather in Jiangnan was warm and gentle.

A light breeze blew towards them, carrying a faintly sweet and refreshing fragrance of rain.

Different from the grandeur of the north, Jiangnan's architecture had a style of its own.

Flagstone paths, and oil paper umbrellas.

The street food vendors sang out with a soft drone.

They did not announce loudly; they sang out their items one by one in a very unique tune instead.

The roads in Jiangnan were not as wide as the north.

It would even be more apt to describe it as alleyways, and they had a charm unique to the Jiangnan region.

Jennie sat opposite to Lisa.

There was tenderness apparent in her eyes and a faint pair of dimples by her lips; she just knew that Lisa would like it here.