③. ❝𝗢𝗯𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲❞

Night having already fallen, Genji was walking away from the crowded and commercial areas of the city. He had to look for new, more advantageous positions to watch the night streets. Thus, he would choose to enter a nearby alley, from where he would climb by pushing himself on the walls to climb to a roof.

Meanwhile, a young man would be leaving Gozan Ramen, a restaurant located in the same area, where he works as a busboy. He had finished his work shift, so he was preparing to return to his home. However, on the way, looking up by chance, something seemed to catch his attention. He would try to sharpen his sight in the dim light, and would end up slightly startled to see the silhouette of a person, crouched on a nearby roof. Due to the distance and the low light, this boy would not be able to discern that figure well, but something told him that this was not an ordinary person, nor was it an ordinary omnic. However, before he could move a muscle, that figure on the ceiling would escape from his sight at an alarming speed. It almost seemed to have disappeared instantly, like a certain friend of the young man. The latter would look around... No other of the few passers-by in the area seemed to have noticed that mysterious presence. Thus, without hesitation, the boy would rush to take his cell phone out of his pocket, dialing a specific number quickly.

A few minutes after starting his patrol, Genji would continue to watch the city streets attentively from the heights, until he decided to turn around to once again admire the imposing silhouette of Hanamura above him. Thoughts and memories would flood his mind again, this time related to his older brother, Hanzo.

"Hanzo... Have you made the right decision?" He would ask himself, while he remembered the confrontation he had with his brother the last time they saw each other, just over a year ago.

The ninja would reflect on that situation for a bit, when a sudden sound would attract his attention. By turning his face in the corresponding direction, the swordsman would hear what sounded like a fight a few streets away. Without hesitation, he would refocus on his mission, moving quickly toward the source of the noise, running and jumping over rooftops until he was right over the alley from which the commotion had come. Down there, the cyborg would watch a trio of men surround a fourth man against the wall. The latter looked somewhat older.

"Let me say it once more..." A male voice would be heard speaking.

These guys were dressed in black suits, and the one speaking was wearing some kind of mask. The other two were pointing their guns at the poor man they were threatening, who seemed totally helpless and terrified.

"Either you pay the exact amount... Or you pay the consequences!" The masked man would finish the sentence while brutally hitting his victim in the stomach, forcing him to fall to his knees.

Genji's eyes narrowed as he assessed the situation. He knew he couldn't stand by and watch these thugs threaten and terrorize innocent people. It is so that he decided to jump from his position, falling like a ninja before those present, who would quickly turn to see him. However, when the younger Shimada straightened up, the three suited men would take a step back, surprised to see the strange cybernetic body of him.

"What the-...? Is he an omnic?" One of the armed men would ask, with a clearly confused tone in his voice at not knowing what he was witnessing.

"Did you lose something, tinny?! This is none of your business!" The masked man would shout.

Without offering any verbal response, the ninja would begin to slowly move his left arm to end up holding the handle of his wakizashi firmly, barely releasing the blade from its sheath. Faced with such an apparent threatening sign, the three thugs would not hesitate to point their guns at the swordsman, trying to regain their composure. Meanwhile, the man they were intimidating just watched everything, cowering on the ground.

"You feel lucky, huh! Very well!" The masked man would shout again, breaking the silence.

Immediately, the leader would be the first to shoot, then followed by the other two. However, with barely visible movements, the cyborg would reflect each of the projectiles, deflecting the bullets that would end up embedded in the walls of the alley. Due to the shock, the shooting would stop, giving the men in suits the opportunity to see the wakizashi held in the ninja's left hand, and the latter the opportunity to throw three shurikens from his right hand, which would hit the weapons of the others, breaking them. Immediately afterwards, he would begin to run at an inhuman speed towards the thugs. Thus, in a couple of moves, the cyborg would punch the leader in the stomach, stunning him a bit. Then he would push himself into the walls of the alley, kicking each of the unmasked men hard, ending up causing them to charge into each other, leaving them on the ground in pain. Finally, the young Shimada would end up breaking the masked man's balance with a quick kick, forcing him to fall to the ground, managing to immobilize him upside down by holding one of his arms with one hand and his head with the other, pressing the latter against the floor.

"Kuso... Damn tin... You are nothing more than omnic junk...!" The defeated man would curse him, trying to show his contempt.

Then, Genji would take a few moments to respond to the thug, leaning in slightly to make it easier for him to hear his subdued comment, in a cold and frank tone.

"...Even with this body, I am more human than all of you."

And, immediately afterwards, the ninja would proceed to smash the thug's face into the ground, with enough force to break his mask and knock him unconscious in the process. His other two companions seemed pained and fearful enough to respond, so Genji would leave them alone. With the conflict over, the swordsman would turn to direct his attention to the man who had been the target of the threats of that trio. He would approach the last one slowly, noting the nervous look on the man's face.

"Are you alright?" He would ask, holding out a hand to help him up.

"Y-Yes, thank you very much..." He would answer, while accepting the help that was offered to him. The man would manage to stay on his feet again, beginning to dust off his clothes, while he addressed a few words of thanks to the cyborg. "Oh, I don't know what would have happened to me without your help... Thank you very much. I wish I had a way to make it up to you."

Genji would look at him for a few moments, thoughtfully, before responding with a certain curiosity in his voice. Perhaps this man could give him more information about this criminal group. They could turn out to be a real threat...

"This group of thugs... Do you know of a place where they meet?"

"Of course. A good number of them gather near Hanamura almost every night. I would warn you about going after them, but it seems to me that you can handle them just fine."

"Hanamura..." The young Shimada would mutter to himself, as he focused his gaze on the starry night sky for a few moments, before continuing. "Arigatō. You have been a great help.Now, please, go home and rest." He would ask the man, showing his concern.

"Oh, don't worry, I'll do just that. Again, thank you very much. I will be praying for you."

After a polite bow, that man would proceed to withdraw from that alley, with the intention of reaching his home as soon as possible. Genji would go up to the roofs of the area, from where he would appreciate the figure of that man moving away. After that, he would once again turn his gaze towards the huge castle of Hanamura. He would remain motionless for a few moments, then take a deep breath and head off again. It seems the rumors were true after all... There might be something worrisome going on in Kanezaka. Knowing that there was only one way to find out, and with a somewhat clearer objective, Genji would not hesitate to start moving agilely between the rooftops once more, keeping his gaze and thoughts fixed on his destiny. With his speed, he would soon be driving into what was already recognized Hashimoto territory, stopping on a ledge to crouch and survey the area from above, trying to pick out any suspicious-looking people or groups. However, while he was concentrating on it, another figure was stalking him from the shadows of a nearby rooftop... A female silhouette seemed to be intently spying on the ninja's movements, showing a disgusted expression on his young face.