④. ❝𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻❞

Motionless like a meticulous predator, Genji is observing the surroundings of Hanamura from the heights, while seeming to scan even the smallest detail below in the streets. He was looking for any indication of that criminal group that was now his main research target. However, just as he focused on a group of suspicious-looking men in suits, a sound would interrupt the ninja's concentration. It was a female voice...

"Hey! Don't you know it's wrong to spy on people?"

In an instant, the younger Shimada would react by turning around, ready for whatever. And yet... the sight in front of him undoubtedly took him by surprise. Before the swordsman, a female figure would emerge from the shadows. Slowly, every detail and feature would be revealed thanks to the moonlight on both of them, and the artificial lighting of the village. It was a young woman in traditional clothing and with her green hair collected in a peculiar way. With a firm stance, she would simply stare at the cyborg, determination showing in his gaze. "Could it be her...?" That one remote possibility would burst into Genji's mind, claiming his attention to the point of remaining paralyzed for a few moments, during which no sound managed to escape from between his lips.

"Just like Ryōta said..." The girl would mention, as she took slow steps forward, quoting someone else's words. "Suspicious and silent."

The young woman would pause as she took a few more steps before stopping a few meters from her opponent. Both kept their gaze fixed on the other, while silence returned to take over the environment, only interrupted by the faint sound of the night breeze. Still speechless, Genji held his stance out of mere instinct. He still wasn't totally sure, but something inside him already seemed convinced that this young woman was none other than the same Kiriko that filled his thoughts until a few hours ago.

"Would you mind introducing yourself? What...? Are you a new type of Hashimoto private soldier?" Those would be the accusatory words that would come out of the girl's mouth, while she looked at the swordsman in a slightly more suspicious way.

Hearing that, the young Shimada couldn't help but be slightly surprised. So that was what was happening... The Hashimotos. During his last visit, when he confronted his brother a little over a year ago, he did realize that a new clan had taken control of Hanamura, but he did not know that they were the Hashimotos... Or maybe... he simply preferred not to think about it in depth and just pretended that the danger that had plagued his home for years would have just vanished, just like his own family's clan... How naive it had been the ninja. However, before he could collect his thoughts to finally speak, it was already too late...

"Wakatta... I'll take your silence as a yes, then...!"

After those words, the young woman would advance at high speed against the cyborg. In just an instant, Genji would have reacted in time to see himself blocking one of the girl's arms with his own in a clash of forces. The young woman now brandished a kunai in each of her hands. The latter would speak again, in a slightly more serious tone than before.

"It seems that you are as fast as Ryōta said." The green-haired woman would comment, while she insisted on measuring her strength against that of the ninja in that clash.

"You're making a mistake." The younger Shimada would reply in a warning tone that was easy to misinterpret.

"Oh! What a surprise! You do know how to talk." The female would answer in a sarcastic tone that contrasted with the fierceness in her gaze. "You know? I've heard that phrase so many times that I've lost count... Those who tell me that are often wrong!"

After that short exchange of words, Kiriko would make clear her decision to let her brute force do the talking. With a couple of movements, she would begin to cut the air with the blades of her weapons, while the cyborg was in charge of dodging each of his attacks.