1 - Oops...

Ominis stirred his cauldron carefully clockwise, the metallic sheen of his potion reflected in the light like an oil spill, curls of steam spiralling upwards into the air.

"Sebastian, can you hand me the stuff I just ground up, please?"

The 6th-year potions class were brewing an assortment of different potions, under the watchful eye of Professor Sharp, sounds of bubbling and quiet chatter between bench mates was a low hum in the background of the dark potions classroom. 

"Hm? Oh, yeah," Sebastian said absentmindedly, handing Ominis a crushed, white, pearly powder. The boy sprinkled a little into the potion and carried on stirring, pausing momentarily to add more powder to the mix. More steam curled into the air like silvery ribbons, dancing in front of him before vanishing, and Ominis sighed tiredly.

"Professor, I think I'm finished." He said, catching the attention of the tall, ex-auror sat at his desk. Professor Sharp stood up and headed over, peering at other people's potions on the way. 

"Hm, impressive amortentia potion, Gaunt. Maybe not potent enough, but overall not too shabby. Points to Slytherin. Now, bottle it up and turn off your station."

Ominis grimaced. "Um, sir, I dont have any vials left. I used them all up, I'm afraid."

The professor frowned, peering down at Ominis, who stood there sheepishly. "Fine. This once I shall lend you some, but I expect you to have purchased some more by next lesson. You have access to Hogsmeade, no?" Professor Sharp placed multiple identical potion vials down on the potions stand in-between the two Slytherin boys. 

"Yes, sir. Thank you, sir," Ominis gushed, letting out a deep sigh of relief. He was both thrilled, yet confused, as to why he hadn't received a detention from Sharp for not having his things. "Phew," he said to Sebastian as soon as the professor had returned to his desk, and began to fill up his bottles with amortentia.

"Mate, d'you reckon you could spare a vial or two?" Sebastian whispered, leaning over Ominis, who sighed again, but this time in frustration.

"Bloody hell, Sebastian. You're the reason I don't have any bottles of my own! I suppose this once, but after I get some from Hogsmeade I shan't lend you any more," Ominis replied in a hushed tone.

Sebastian, who had brewed a babbling beverage potion (even though Sharp set him Felix Felicis), also began to fill up his vial with a semi-clear shimmery liquid, jammed a cork cap on it, and placed the potion down on the desk beside his cauldron. The two boys began to pack away their ingredients and recipes, and on his way out Ominis grabbed his potions and tucked them into his robes. 

Sebastian followed suit, and on the way out the two boys began scheming. "What should we do with this babbling beverage?" Sebastian asked. "I've four vials of it and no-one to give it to! And you best believe Im not having any."

"Maybe I'll nick it when you're not sleeping and slip it into your tea at breakfast. Like how Leander give Amit the hair-raising potion last year at the house cup."

Sebastian nodded. "True. That was bloody hilarious. We should keep two for comedic purposes, but what should we do with the other two?" He thought out loud. However, as he said this Garreth Weasley rounded the corner with Natty and Evangeline, laughing about something. Ominis and Sebastian both turned to each other, synchronised, and mad grins spread across their faces. 

"You two look like lunatics," Evangeline said, laughing after she noticed their crazy grins. "Sure you didn't mess up whatever Sharp made you brew?"

"Im sure, Lina, I am brilliant at potions if you haven't noticed. Also, I have a proposition for you," Sebastian said, a cunning plan forming in his head. "I have a Felix Felicis potion going spare, and I'll give it to you for our History of Magic test this afternoon."

A wave of relief washed over Evangeline's face. "Really? Thank you so much, Sallow. I owe you big time." 

"For a small price of five galleons," Sebastian announced smugly.

Evangeline opened his mouth to argue as her face flickered with outrage, but quickly composed herself. "Anything. I can't fail another test with Professor Binns, or Professor Weasley will send an owl home." She shuddered, a little exaggerated, and reached into the depths of her pocket. Pulling out a handful of gold coins, she handed them to the Slytherin and in return a small, silvery potion was placed in her hand. 

"Drink it before the test," Sebastian said confidently. "It will have the greatest effects then."

"Gotcha. Thank you so much, Sallow. If I pass this test, I will never doubt your potion skills again."

Sebastian scoffed. "You have no reason to doubt my skills if the first place! Anyway, I must get to arithmancy, but good luck if I don't see you before history." As the two Slytherin boys rounded the corner, out of sight of the Gryffindor/Ravenclaw trio, they burst into fits of laughter.

"I'm gonna really wish I could see this afternoon," Ominis said in-between cackles. "What more chaos can we cause with my amortentia?"

Sebastian's grin widened, and a devilish look settled itself in his eyes. "How about we get back at someone," he hinted. 

"Duncan," The two boys said simultaneously, the seeds to a hilarious - yet horrid - plan had began to root itself in their minds. 

"Who should we make him fall in love with?" Ominis asked.

"Zenobia Noke. That weird lass in 5th year - do you remember when we and Imelda nicked her gobstones and hid them everywhere? That was so fun, until she found them again. But her. Definitely."

"Perfect," Ominis said. "We just need to find a way to bring her and Duncan into the same room, without us being there."

"Thats a tough one..."