5 - Pretending

Ominis and Sebastian stood in the hallway, mouths agape.

"What have we done?" Ominis muttered, ignoring the two Ravenclaw behind him. "You're definitely sure that what you gave them was amortentia? What did it look like?"

"I don't bloody know! Why would I pay attention to that?" Sebastian yelled, his eyes wide and panicked.

"Sebastian! How can you not remember what it looked like?" Ominis hissed.

"If it's that bloody important, why can't you remember?"

"I can't see."

A wave if silence sliced between the boys before Sebastian spoke again.

"I- I didn't mean it like that, Om. You know that." Upon hearing this the blonde boy nodded. "Anyway Ominis, we could have some fun with this. And it'll wear off eventually."

"True, true. Sharp did say it wasn't strong enough."

"Exactly my point. Now, time to find the lovebirds." Sebastian said.

The Slytherins left Duncan and Zenobia quarrelling in the corridor, and drifted out into the common room. It didn't take them long to find the pair, as Gareth's enormous height and bright red hair made him easy to spot. He was supporting Evangeline, his arm wound around her waist, guiding her towards the dorms.

"Oi, Weasley!" Sebastian shouted across the room. The Gryffindor's head shot up, scanning the room before noticing the Slytherins.

"Yeah, what?" he said, suggesting that Lina sat down on an empty sofa next to them. Once she was not at risk of collapse any more, he turned to the boys. "Can you wait a moment? I was taking Lina here off to bed." - Lina had fallen asleep on the sofa.

"How much of the liquid luck did you drink earlier?" Ominis demanded.

"Like half." Garreth said, shrugging his shoulders. "Why? You're not having it - it was absolute crap and besides, we finished it."

Ominis ran a hand over his face. "Yeah, that can't have been Felix Felicis then," he whispered to Sebastian. Gareth's eyes widened and his brow furrowed when he overheard this.

"What the fuck was it then?"

Garreth needed a moment to sit down. Thoughts rushed about his head at a million miles an hour, and his jaw was slack as he rested his forehead in his hands.

"So... it should wear off in a few days?"

"We don't know. It could be hours, days, or even weeks. If you really wanted you could ask Sharp but that may be an awkward conversation," Ominis explained. "Lucky it wasn't full strength."

Evangeline yawned, screwing her eyes and covering her mouth with a hand. "Has anyone seen Natty?" Garreth asked. "There's no chance I'm walking her all the way back to Ravenclaw."

"Nope, sorry, we've been too busy trying to get Duncan to shag Zenobia Noke," Sebastian said proudly.

Garreth rolled his eyes and grabbed Lina's hand. "C'mon, Lina, time to get you to bed now," he said softly, gently tugging on her hand. She slowly got up, stumbling a little.