4 - Bestest friend forever

A/N: I imagined Glue by Bicep to be playing 

The Gryffindor common room was throbbing with music, strobe lights dancing across the walls above the dancing students. Evangeline and Natty stepped into the room, the bass vibrating in their chests and drowning out their thoughts as they wandered over to the makeshift bar, picking up Garreth and Leander on their way. 

"Nice playing earlier, Prewett," Natty said, having to shout over the thumping of the music. Her bright orange top glowed fluorescent under the coloured lights as she poured herself a drink - Natty's mother, Professor Onai, was extremely strict and overbearing, so the post-match parties were some of the only times Natty could let loose without being caught. Despite this, she was more sensible with alcohol than Evangeline was, often drinking and smoking herself into a two day hangover. 

"Thanks, Natty. Slytherin are doing fuck all this year, so we have a better chance of winning it. Not that we weren't going to win it anyway." That was Leander. He had become slowly more bearable since Lina joined, most likely due to the amount of time she spent in the Gryffindor common room with her two closest friends. He was still as full of himself as ever, but was less judgemental and aloof. 

"Oi!" Sebastian shouted, approaching the group, a plastic cup in hand. "We're better than you lot. When Reyes is recovered we'll be straight back to winning everything." 

Imelda had began to play under-18s quidditch for the Holyhead Harpies over the summer, but her training had been cut short when she broke her arm, and hadn't been able to play since August. 

"How did you get in here?" Lina shouted. "Anyways, the fact you can't win anything without Imelda shows how bollocks your team is."

"Not as bollocks as you in history of magic. By the way, did the liquid luck work?" Sebastian asked, a subtle smirk creeping into his mouth. 

"It was absolutely shit. I want my five galleons back if I fail the test."

Sebastian shrugged, pulling the insides of his pockets out. The only things in there were a lighter and couple of knuts. "I never said it was brilliant. Not the fault of my bad potion making, just your bad judgement."

Lina rolled her eyes exasperatedly and muttered something before cracking open a can of beer. "Come on, let's get in there!" She grabbed Natty's hand and dragged her into the throng of people, and behind them trailed the two Gryffindor boys. The music was even louder here, filling up the entirety of their brains, hearts swelling with exhilaration, and maybe a little alcohol. Baselines throbbed and top notes echoed throughout the common room - a silencing charm was the only thing keeping them from being caught, and inevitably, detention.

Evangeline's forehead and lower back began to dampen but she persisted, swaying to the beat and downing drinks as though they were water. She drifted out of the crowd to refill her cup, but someone snatched it out of her hands: Garreth held it in his fingers, pouring the remnants out into an empty plant pot. 

"What was that for? We've only just started," she whined, trying to pull the cup out of his paw-like hands but failing miserably. The sound of crushed plastic filled her ears, and the crumpled remnants of a cup were tossed into the same bin in which her drink was poured. 

"C'mon Lina. We're getting you some fresh air," Garreth announced, steering her towards a side door. She protested a little before obliging, a mischievous smile drawn out by her lips. 

The cold October air was like a brick wall, slapping them on the cheeks as the door swung open. Stars were littered across the sky like the fallen autumn leaves which crisped underfoot, and Evangeline's glassy eyes reflected the bright moonlight which fell on the grassy courtyard. 

Garreth tentatively let go of Evangeline, who almost immediately began to sprint away from him, back towards the door. Luckily, the Gryffindor was (relatively) sober, and grabbed her before she could escape. Lina twisted and wriggled, trying to wrench herself from his tight grip around her wrist, which got even tighter the more she moved. 

A/N: Here, I thought 'In my room' by Chance Peña worked well

Eventually, she calmed and fell down onto the floor laughing, and Garreth let go of her. He ran his fingers through his auburn curls, and let out a sigh. He couldn't believe Evangeline. Not that he desperately enjoyed parties, but he usually showed his face, as he was quidditch captain, then got stoned out of his brain with the Hufflepuffs to get away from it all.

He sat down next to her, resting his elbows on his knees. Willowy arms were suddenly thrown around his shoulders, and Lina squeezed Garreth into a hug. "You're such a good friend, Garreth. I love you so so so much, and I love Natty so so so much, and Poppy so so..." She drunkenly slurred. A peaceful smile had settled over her face, replacing the devilish grin she usually wore after drinking a little too much. "Y'know what Gare, I think you're my bestest friend forever and ever. I love Natty and Poppy, but you're always there for me. Even when I'm like this." She hiccuped, and then lightly giggled. 

He smiled a little sadly. Best friend. Not exactly the title he wanted. 

"I'll always be here for you, Lina. No matter how hammered you are," he laughed halfheartedly. Green eyes were tinged with heartache, and smiles were sentimental. Evangeline's head slipped into the crook of his neck, and she planted a kiss on his shoulder.

"Best friend," She muttered, drifting in and out of consciousness. The stolen moment was bittersweet, and Garreth nodded in response.

"I think it's time for you to get to bed, Lina."

She groaned but never verbally objectified, and allowed Garreth to haul her up and walk her back into the common room.

"Are you sure you don't want some?" Duncan asked, offering the flask to the two Slytherins next to him. Ominis looked on slyly as Sebastian did all the talking, edging Duncan closer and closer to an empty closet. 

"We're all good for now, Dunc, you can finish it off," the brunette of the duo said craftily. 

"If you're sure..." The metal flask was soon emptied, and when Sebastian noticed Zenobia rounding the corner, Ominis shoved him into the cupboard and slammed the door. He leaned on it to prevent Duncan from leaving, and smirked at the sound of the Zenobia.

"Is he in there?" She asked nervously, twiddling her thumbs. The boys nodded and moved aside from the door, poised and ready to sprint out of there as fast as possible. The door bust open and a furious Duncan emerged, babbling on about how much he hated Slytherins. 

"They'reallsuchpricksandIhateeverysingl... Zenobia?" He exclaimed loudly, taken aback at the sight of her "Youshouldn'tbeherebecaus..." He jabbered on, only pausing for a breath before beginning again. "Whatdidyoutwogiveme? Ireallyfuc..."

The pair of Slytherins looked at each other confused, until something dawned upon Ominis.

"Um, Sebastian? What did the potion we gave Duncan look like?"

"Yougavemeabloodypotion?! Gauntyou'regoingtogetit," Duncan blethered in the background.

Sebastian pondered for a moment. "I don't know? I think it was a slight green colour, but only a little. Why?"

Ominis slapped his hand against his forehead. "We gave them the wrong bloody potion. Duncan didn't get amortentia - he got babbling beverage."

"Then where is the amortentia...?" Sebastian asked, before his jaw dropped. 

"Oh. My. God."

Author's note:

I think you know what just happened...

If not then you'll have to wait and see *wink wink*