LAYTON

"Gemma!" I yell, barging through her apartment door. "Gemma Anne Styles, get your ass out here!"

"What?" she asked, coming out of her room, rubbing her eyes. "Why are you here past midnight? You should know that I was in bed,"

Maybe I shouldn't have come over after the date I had just been on. I mean, I could've gone home, changed out of the dress I was in, and then maybe came over. Or I could've been a nice friend and not come over until tomorrow to let her know what I had been through for the past few hours, but I needed to rant to her now. I needed my best friend to know everything that I had just gone through and what she had set me up for.

"You shouldn't have given me a key to your place then," I said, crossing my arms.

"Why are you here?" she asked again. "I thought your date was tonight,"

"You would be correct on that," I nodded. "But what you don't know is that the guy you set me up with was horrible. I mean, come on, Gemma, what did you see in him for me?" I asked.

"I only talked to him for a little while to get to know the basic things about him, I didn't spend days getting to know him. He seemed like a nice guy. He looked like your type," she shrugged. "Taller than you, a little bit older, but not too much, and had brown hair, that's your type, is it not?" she asked.

"The way he looked, yes, he was my type, but you should've been on that date with him," I groaned. "It was so bad,"

"I already know that you won't be going home anytime soon, so we might as well sit down so you can rant," she said, leading me over to her living room.

We sat down on her couch, me on one end of the couch and her on the other. I took a deep breath before I began the rant I'd been keeping in for hours.

"Come on, let it out," she said, watching me fidget with my fingers, trying to collect my thoughts.

"First of all, I want you to know that I really do appreciate you trying to get me a boyfriend, I promise I appreciate it,"

"You don't need to say that to me, Lay Lay. I know you appreciate my help, but I can also tell that you probably won't want me to set you up with someone again because of this date, do you?" she asked, laughing a little.

"That would be correct," I smiled.

"What went wrong?" she asked. "Was the vibe off? Was he not polite? Was he actually not your type, and I don't know you at all?" she asked endless questions.

"Surprisingly, he was my type, at least physically," I shrugged. "When I first saw him, I thought he was insanely hot and didn't understand how you found someone as attractive as he was for me to go out with," I began to explain.

"Then what was the problem?" she asked, now fully intrigued.

She now knew that the guy she had found was my type, at least on the outside. You could tell that she was proud of herself for finding a guy for me. She'll be disappointed in a minute, I know that for a fact.

"Well, for one, he didn't even remember my name," I laughed. I genuinely found that funny.

"You're lying," she said, holding in her own laugh.