LAYTON

"What did you do before I came and picked you all up?" Gemma asked as the four of us sat down at an empty table.

Gemma and I talked about the four of us hanging out last week when I was at her parent's house. It took us almost a week to arrange all of our schedules for a day when we were all off. It was six days after we talked about the possible idea, but we managed to do it.

We were at a coffee shop at the moment, sitting at a table in the far corner talking about random things that came to mind before we moved on to our next activity of the day. I was next to Adrian while Skyler and Gemma were across from us.

"I woke up at 5 this morning, went down to the gym in my building, and then got ready for the day, the usual," I shrugged before taking a sip of my tea. Yes, we were at a coffee shop and I got tea. Coffee is disgusting to me.

"Why do you always wake up so early? My mind and body would hate me halfway through the day," Adrian sighed.

"All I can say is that insomnia sucks," I huffed. "I love when I feel exhausted at the end of the day because I know that I might be able to sleep a few hours at night," I explain.

"I'm sorry, Lay," Gemma consoled me. She's known about my insomnia issues for years now. She would always feel bad when she would fall asleep before me at our sleepovers because then she never knew for sure if I had gotten any sleep. "We'll try and tire you out today so you can get all the sleep you've been missing out on,"

"Thanks," I smiled.

"Are we ready to go get our nails done now?" Skyler asked, changing the subject to lighten the mood.

We all looked at each other to see if we were ready to leave the coffee shop. "Let's do it," Gemma spoke up.

The four of us got out of our chairs, pushed them in, and began walking toward the door. I politely smiled at one of the workers before leaving.

I love knowing that I try my best every single day to lighten the mood somewhere. Whether I smile at strangers on the street, compliment somebody's outfit, or by helping someone out in some way. I love that I can try and brighten someone's day. It makes me feel good inside.

We began walking down the street from the coffee shop. The place that we always go to get our nails done was right by it. That's probably the reason why we decided to get coffee beforehand. Or in my case, tea.

"Have you been on any more dates recently?" Skyler asked as we continued our short walk.

"Not since the one guy almost 2 weeks ago," I sighed. "I've given up on finding a boyfriend,"

"That just means I have about 2 weeks until I get to set you up with someone. I'm excited," Gemma said, getting all giddy.

"And it will be the last one," I said, hoping we could stop talking about my failure of a love life.

"If this person that Gemma sets you up with also doesn't end well or the way you want, then that's okay Lay," Adrian said, trying to make me feel better. "You're 21, you have your whole life ahead of you, you'll be alright," she smiled.

"If it makes you feel any better, Gemma is the only one with a boyfriend. We can start a singles club," Skyler laughed. "Every weekend we can get together, watch sappy romance movies, and cry all night. Think of how much fun we'll have,"

"Okay, okay. I get it," I laughed at the thought of our future weekends. "If I get a boyfriend it will be great and if I don't, I will be just fine. Thanks for always being here for me. I appreciate you guys a lot," I smile at the 3 of my closest friends.