LAYTON

"Hi, I have a reservation under Gemma Styles," I said to the woman behind the podium. 

"The other half of the reservation is already here. Right this way," she smiled, leading me to the back of the restaurant. 

Making our way to a table in the back corner of the restaurant made this even more real. I was actually going on another blind date set up by my best friend. 

I told myself I wouldn't after the last one, but the voice inside my head told me to say yes to her. I guess you could call me a people pleaser. 

But now that I'm here I wish I had said no. I don't really enjoy the whole public thing. I never really have, to be honest. 

But I would consider myself an extrovert to some degree. Once I'm friends with you, the whole introvert part of me disappears. I can be loud, obnoxious, and I can definitely talk for hours on end about my favorite topics. I guess I'm an ambivert. 

"Here you are," the waitress said, stopping at the table. 

I looked over and saw someone I never would have expected to see. 

I put a smile on my face before turning back to the waitress. "Thank you," 

I sat down and thought about what I could say. I was at a complete loss for words. "Did you know about this?" 

"No," Harry shook his head. "Gemma told me that a friend of hers wanted to go on a blind date with someone and she wanted her to set it all up. I had no idea it was you," he sighed. 

"I'm calling her," I said, grabbing my phone out of my small bag. 

I unlocked my phone and went through my contacts to find Gemma. I quickly hit the call button and put the device up to my ear. 

I heard the rings go by one after the other. 

Until I got her voice-mail. 

'This is Gemma Styles, I'll call you back as soon as I can'

"That son of a bitch," I mumbled. "She didn't pick up," I said to Harry. 

"Let me try her," he said, getting out his phone to do the same as I just did. 

After what I assume he got her voice-mail as well, he put his phone away. 

"That's funny that she's busy not even five minutes after I had just talked to her," I said, resting my head in my hands. "I'm sorry if this is ruining your night. I know you don't have a lot of time to be home to see family and this is probably the last hint you want," I rush out.

"Why are you apologizing to me?" He asked, stopping me from continuing on. "You didn't know about it and neither did I. Gem should have told us about this. This is on her and not either of us," 

"Do you want to cut this so-called date short so we can go back to our own places?" I asked. 

"Why do that? We're already out, why not finish the night?" He asked with a smile. "We can use this date as us catching up from the missed time over the last few months I've been away," he suggests. 

This is why I adore Harry. He will always see the bright side of everything. Even though we both had no clue about who we were each meeting up with, he wanted to make the most of it. 

"Are you sure?" I asked. "You don't have to be doing anything for work? Writing songs? Nothing?" I asked. 

"I put that all aside while I'm home," he answered. "I'm here to see family, not work. Believe it or not, you're part of the family,"