02 // good news

say my name - h. yujin

it was a monday morning, and the weather was windy yet humid since it had rained the whole night

it was a monday morning, and the weather was windy yet humid since it had rained the whole night. needless to say, you had woken up feeling fresh, but totally unaware of the unread email sitting in your inbox since 3am last night.

you went ahead with your day, starting with a warm shower and some breakfast. still completely unaware, you scroll through your phone while sipping on a cup of coffee. a notification pops up from your screen, "1 new message from...". without clicking on it you already knew who it was, because who else would text at this time?

my other half ☝️😆

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSLYApyFJ/
i was scrolling on tiktok when i came across this
and it reminded me of u lol 😂

WDYM
lea
do u just miss me
cldve js said that tbh 😥😥

BRO SHUT UL I DWONT

hahhahahah sureee
i miss you too boo 🥺🥺

EW STOP
okay but srsly when are you going to come to korea??

IDK HOPEFULLY SOON 🙏

U BTTR I MISS YOU SM
omg so yk right i found out smth recently

what is it???

LIKE I FEEL SO STUPID THAT I ONKY REALISED RECENTLY

?? U MAKING ME CURIOUS BRO

so rmb my older brother

the one in bp999?

YEAH THAT ONE
so apparently hes bsf is in my school 💀

HUH WAIT WHAT

YEAH I FEEL SO STUPID FOR NOT RECOGNISING HIM

HELP OMG

and like i see him q often
cos hes always with my brother 😭😭

HOW DID U MOT NOTICE

I HAVE NO IDEA
i swear it js slipped my mind or smth

WE BINGED LIKE ALL THE EPS OF BP HOW DID U NOT RELAISEB

idek help 💀💀
i asked my brother abt it and he was like "u didn't know??"

HWHAHAHHWHHA

OMG I CAN HEAR MY MOMS COMING
OKAY BYE ILL TALK TO U SOOON

okayy ttyl!!
delivered

_____

you were about to put down your phone when it lightens up again. "didn't she say she gotta go, why is she-" you stop mid sentence when you realise it wasn't lea who had texted back. "1 unread notification from gmail" the pop-up notification from your phone sends you straight into a state of panic.

hold up. you tap onto the notification anxiously and throw ur phone onto the table top without looking. slowly, you walk towards nearer to the table with your index and middle fingers covering your eyes. the truth of whether i got accepted into lea's school or not.

while holding your breath, you start to read the letter out loud. "dear y/n... we are pleased to inform you THAT WE HAVE ACCEPTED YOUR APPLICATION TO THE GIVEN SCHOLARSHIP BELOW." your voice becomes a yell when you realise your dream had came true. "I'M GOING TO KOREA!" you shouted when the realisation finally hit.

while scanning through the details in the rest of the letter, you quickly run to your room to facetime your best friend and share the news.

oh wait, she's sleeping now. dang it. however because you weren't able to share this with your best friend immediately, an idea suddenly came to you.

"what if i fly to korea without telling lea and surprise her?" the next few days was spent tirelessly packing and throwing away things you weren't going to bring along.

"so you're really leaving?" rin asked, as she stood by your doorway and watched as you close up the luggage.

you and rin go back a long way, nearly 4 years has passed since you moved in together to the apartment. part of you regretted taking up the scholarship, but it meant having new and better opportunities to pursue your dancing.

you nodded, not able to look up at her. there was no doubt you would miss your roommate, but you were also looking forward to meeting your best friend, lea. ever since her family moved back to their hometown, meeting up with her had become very hard. from going home together from middle school everyday, to only being able to see each other twice a year. it was a perfect opportunity to be able to see her everyday again.

you checked your room thoroughly once more for anything missing, before dragging your luggages out. i'm going to miss this place... standing by the hallway, you looked back to the now empty room. "i'll keep it empty for you, if you ever want to come back," rin told you, trying her hardest to smile.

you pull her into a hug and whispered, "i'll come back, i promise. take care of yourself while i'm gone." you force another smile as she pats you on the back.

rin offered to drive you to the airport, but you felt bad enough that you were leaving her. "i'll call you when i get there." it wasn't until you left the house, till the tears started rolling down your face. it was hard to believe that you were flying to another country when you had been living in [your country] your whole life. "i'm going to be fine, everything will go according to plan." you assured yourself.

while staring out of the window on the ride to the airport, it started to hit you that this was actually happening. it wasn't all just part of your daydreams anymore.

after a long drive, you finally arrive at the airport. you stopped to capture the moment, in front of the entrance and holding on to your luggages. "so this is it, i wonder what i'm getting myself into."