09 // those eyes pt2

"do you two know each other?" someone finally asked, breaking the tensed atmosphere.

"huh no i don't think so," yujin said, before i could. does he not recognise me? "never seen him before," i added on, attempting to play along.

there was the silence again before gyuvin stood up and placed his arms around lea and your shoulders. "ew don't touch me," lea pretends to be disgusted and slowly lifts his hands off her shoulders.

"as you all can see, this is my loving younger sister, sujin." he ruffles his hands through her hair, earning another glare. then gyuvin looks at me and grins, "and this is our childhood friend, y/n." you didn't really know how to react, so you just smiled awkwardly back at him. "it's been a while, vin" you said, using his nickname.

you and gyuvin had a rather interesting relationship, more like brother-sister kind of relationship. "still remember our handshake?" he asked, getting ready to do it. "of course," your eyes lit up when he asked. 

while you caught up with gyuvin, you noticed lea had already started talking to the other members. must be lucky being an extrovert huh, you thought. gyuvin must have noticed this because he offered to introduce you to them.

"so you already know, this is yujin, our maknae and also my best friend." he said, grabbing yujin by the neck and messing up his hair too. "yujin, stop being shy and say hi." 

it was the second time you were making eye contact with him today, and you could feel your heart pounding with the same feeling as just now. why do i feel like this whenever i see him. "hi," yujin spoke, interrupting your thoughts. "hi.." you gathered the courage and said. ok this is so so so awkward, why am i acting like this. 

"is that taerae??" your mood instantly brightens up when you notice the iconic memester. "yeah that's me," he replied, laughing. for some reason, you didn't feel those butterflies in your stomach when you were talking to him, making it really easy to continue the conversation. "you listen to wave to earth?" you asked, slightly in disbelief. "of course, their music is so good." taerae said, as the both of you shared your music taste with each other. 

unfortunately, time passed by really quickly and before you knew it, it was time to go back. "It's been a pleasure taking to you," taerae told you, somewhat formally. you smiled, feeling the same. "and to you too," 

after saying your goodbyes, you and lea headed back home. "oh my god." "girlllll," both of you said at the same time, as soon as y'all get onto the car. "HAHAHAH" you burst out laughing at how you had the exact same reaction. "I HAVE SO MUCH TO SPILL!" lea tells you excitedly. "SAME?? okay we're taking turns." you stated. 

"where do i even start..." lea starts as she started the car with the biggest grin on her face. 

author's note

sorry all, i've been pretty busy but here's a short filler where y/n meets yujin for the first time! i'll have another chapter up as soon as i can,, but i'm also in the midst of writing 2 new fanfics (taerae & gunwook) so look forward to those too!! THANK YOU FOR 2K READS BTW <3