↣ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹 - 𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝙷𝚘𝚛𝚜𝚎 ↢

I could feel the sunlight on my skin and feel the crisp morning air. The birds were singing, and it was a beautiful start to the day. Other than Eugene screaming for help.

E: "AHAHAHHHHH!!! No, no put me down! Stop it! Let...me...go!"

Rapunzel and I wake up in a fright and look over to see where and why Eugene is screaming. We see a white horse actually dragging Eugene away to God knows where. But this isn't any white horse, it's the white demon horse that chased Eugene and I yesterday. Rapunzel and I jump up and run after them to go save Eugene.

The game of tug-a-war commences as Rapunzel and I each grab a hand and pull while the horse grips onto Eugene's foot by his teeth.

R: "Give me, him!"

E: "OW!"

In response to Rapunzel, the horse shakes his head 'no'. I told you this thing is a demon.

After the short minute of tug-a-war, Rapunzel and I won. The horse just pulled off his boot, but as for us, Eugene landing right on top of me.

Everyone just sits still for a moment to recover, until Eugene pushes himself off of my body but still hovers over me.

Y: "You know, you could've just asked me on a date first."

E: "As much as I want to laugh, this is not the time for jokes."

We look over at the horse who looks over at us, steam practically coming out of his ears. He launches at us, and as Eugene and I embrace for protection against a tree from being stomped on, Rapunzel throws herself in front of us. The horse does a sliding stop right in front of her to not trample her, "Why can't he do the same for us," was my only thought.

R: "Whoa! Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy bou, easy, calm down. Whoa! Easy boy. Easy."

As she tries to communicate with the demon horse, he tries to run around her to get to Eugene and I. Of course, him and I were pushing up against the tree to avoid death for as long as possible. Eventually, the horse gives up trying and actually calms down. I wonder why until I see that he is incredibly fascinated by Pascal commanding him on Rapunzel's head.

R: "That's it. Now sit."

He tries to ignore the command and barely touches his butt on the ground. Just one last time to see if he can defy her.

R: "Sit."

Unfortunately for him, he couldn't disobey her. He gives her a pouty face, with Eugene's boot still in his mouth.

E: "What?!"

Y: "Are you for real?"

R: "Now drop the boot."

He lifts up his ear at her, almost like he couldn't believe what he was hearing. A girl he just met is commanding him like a dog, and he is listening to her.

R: "Drop it."

The assertiveness in her voice gave way to the horse doing as she asked, but he did not do it happily or willingly. He continued to deadpan at Rapunzel until she started rewarding him with love and attention by petting his face and forehead.

R: "Ohhh, you are such a good boy. Yes you are."

    The horse's tail started to wag like a dog, and he started to become very uncharacteristically happy from the sudden affection.

R: "You all tired, from chasing the bad people all over the place?"

    The horse nods with an award winning sad face. Eugene was not buying it for a second and neither was I.

E: "Excuse me?!"

Y: "I can't believe this."

    Rapunzel lifts the horse's chin to hug his neck while she speaks to him.

R: "Nobody appreciates you. Do they? Do they?"

    The horse snorts while shaking his head 'no'. He lowers his chin, almost reciprocating her hug.

E: "Oh come on, he's a bad horse."

    Eugene gestures to the animal while I am squinting with an eyebrow raised at him, trying to see if I can find any deception within the creature.

Y: "He wants to stomp on me. I know it."

R: "Oh, he's nothing but a big sweetheart. Isn't that right? Maximus."

    He rubs his face up against hers with a neigh and enjoys her scratching his chin while she reads his printed name on his breastcollar. She continues the scratch all the good spots behind his ears, resulting in Max happily neighing, wagging his tail, and wiggling his back feet around in sweet relief.

Y: "So the demon has a name."

    The demon in question quickly made a mean face and snorted at me as I froze and my eyes widened. Rapunzel pushes his face away and turns hers upside down to face him.

R: "Look, today is kinda the biggest day of my life. And the thing is, I need you to not get them arrested."

    Rapunzel helped me up and once I was, I help Eugene up. She is still trying to convince the horse, but not doing his job seems to be his dealbreaker showing by the suspicious look on his face. Rapunzel brings Eugene and I to stand side by side in front of Maximus, all three of us deadpanning at whoever is across from us.

R: "Just for twenty four hours and then, you can chase each other to your hearts content. Okay?"

    Eugene and I look at each other before I take a breath and offer my hand to the animal. The horse raises an eyebrow at it, as well as Eugene, since he didn't offer his. I elbow him, forcing him to offer it. He glares at me before taking a deep sigh and offering his to the animal. Maximus stares at our hands for a second before jerking his head to face away from us. This did not last long if Rapunzel could help it.

R: "And it's also my birthday. Just so you know."

    Maximus takes this into consideration with a grunt, before sighing and spurting with a defeated look. He swiftly turns his neck to face us with a serious look, and he shakes my hand first and then Eugene's very firmly.

    The horse seems to hate Eugene more than me, since he did not glare at me as much as he is glaring at Eugene right now. They haven't separated their hand and hoof, deathly staring into each other's eyes.

Y: "Feeling the love yet?"

    They both slowly look over at me with a deadpan and glare, clearly not amused. Rapunzel is, though, judging by her giggle. I raised my hands, wordlessly saying "it was worth a shot".

    Bells start to ring in the distance, quickly capturing the blonde's attention. She lightly pushes the hand and hoof away from each other to make way to the busy kingdom.

    Eugene, Max, and I stare at her as she walks away. Maximus takes the opportunity to take cheap shots at Eugene and I in the stomach with his hoof. There is only a few seconds between seeing Eugene collapse and feeling my own punch of pain, causing me to collapse as well. Eugene and I clutch our stomachs, hoping to pain leaves soon while we hear an amused horse above us with a smug grin. I glare up at him before speaking.

Y: "You wonder why I call you a demon.."