VII. Seven

Adrián

An hour later, Leo walked into the viewing room with Simone right behind him. Simone was a hired assassin who had run some jobs for our family, mostly overseas. Throughout the years, there were a handful of times in which she hinted at wanting to pursue something long-term with me, but I never allowed it to go past a quick fuck and put a halt to any of her ideas of something long term in an instant. It still didn't deter her from trying to impress me every step of the way in and off the field. There was no room for love in my life; there was only room to build my legacy. Besides that, someone like Simone never caught my interest. Who knew what she would do if she got her hands on someone like me? I've seen what she's done to other men for less than what she'd get with me. I controlled a whole army that no one else could rule at my side. Especially someone like Simone.

Simone walked into the room wearing a black trench coat with her long, dark black hair in a tight donut bun. "Adrian!" she smiled as she walked up to hug me, "I came as soon as you called!"

"Thank you for coming on short notice, Simone," I thanked her as I pulled her away from my arms. "We have a certain situation that requires your utmost discretion."

"And what would that be?" she asked as her lips began to curl into a wickedly crooked smile. Simone was beautiful; I gave her that, but like anyone else in our line of work, she was deadly, smart, and wicked. She had no moral compass in her bones. She would work for anyone at the right price, and currently she is employed to serve our family. Leo and Ian sat her down and began bringing her up to date with what needed to be done. She rose from her seat in a giant leap and said, "No fucking way! The Catalano Bloodline was wiped out!" she gasped. "If this is true, we're staring at a fucking Unicorn, a rare diamond, and the jackpot!"

"We don't know if she knows yet," I intercepted. "Find out what you can from her."

Fine," Simone grinned, "but I want to work her my way." She smugly crossed her arms. "Fine, Simone, but don't take it overboard if you pick up on her telling the truth," I threatened, knowing how vicious she could get even after extracting what was needed. "Fine." She huffed as she uncrossed her arms and threw them up in the air. She walked out and straight into the holding cell where Scarlett was seated.

Leo was staring at me as soon as Simone left. "What?" I asked.

"Since when do you care about what happens to our captives?" He raised a brow. "I don't," I shrugged nonchalantly, "I've just had a pretty fucking long day and don't want to deal with any more bodies tonight."

We quickly focused our attention on the holding cell as Simone entered the room Scarlett tensed up with fear as soon as she saw her walking in and began yanking at her handcuffs, trying to break free. Simone watched her and circled her like a vulture would a carcass. She took off her black trench coat, revealing a thin black satin dress, she tossed the coat into a corner, and proceeded to stand in front of Scarlett. Scarlett trembled with fear as Simone grasped her chin tight and lifted her head up. Simone was analyzing her; she began with simple questions, as one would with a lie detector test. Scarlett was confused and answered the questions. "What color are your eyes, Scarlett?" Simone asked.

"Black," she responded truthfully at that time. "What's your favorite color?" Simone asked.

"Red"

"Do you think Adrián is handsome?" Simone asked with a mischievous smile. Scarlett's eyes slightly widened, and she looked away from her stare, "No," she answered. Simone caught her lie and latched onto her tell. "Why were you with Luca Romano?" She began her psychological assault. Scarlett looked back at her eyes without fear and said, "I already told him I was kidnapped!" She yelled as she pointed at the two-way mirror. "I had just finished a shift when it happened, and my coworker Jonas is now missing."

"What is your connection to Luca Romano?" Simone continued.

"Nothing, I didn't know who he was until tonight when they made me save his life."

"Oh really?" Simone raised a brow. "Are you sure that it's not some vendetta you have on him and his uncle for killing your father?"

"Killing my father?" She asked, surprised, "My father died in a car accident when I was seven."

"No, Red Riding Hood, he didn't; he was murdered by Salvatore Romano. Do you have any idea who your father was?" She questioned. "You are the daughter to one of the biggest mafia leaders aside from the Leons over there," Simone signaled to the window.

"NO! You lie!" She cried out as she shook her head in denial. "My father was an honest working man."

"The only work your father ever did was call the shots and kill at the snap of his finger." Simone began mimicking Scarlett's crying before she landed a blow across her face. For some reason, that made my muscles tense up as Scarlett lowered her head and blood began to roll down her plump lips. "Are you okay, Adrián?" Leo asked, looking over at me as I continued watching Simone and Scarlett. "You're no doctor! Killers blood runs through those veins, princess!" She continued as Scarlett wept and shook with fear as Simone laughed and raised her hand again, readying for another punch.

"Have you known who you really are all these years?" Simone asked.

"No," Scarlett whimpered through her tears. "I'm just a doctor trying to get out of debt. I don't know anything about my father!"

Simone found it amusing as her hand landed again across her face. I knew Simone was doing it for her own crazy satisfaction at this point. Simone read her body and signaled with her hand over to us that Scarlett was telling the truth. My brow shot up as I was quickly able to see right through it and noticed it was meticulously made to seem like the truth on Scarlett's end. I had to give her props for that, as it was good enough to fool someone like Simone.

As Simone pulled back her fists once more, she asked another question: "Are you working for the Romanos?"

No," Scarlett answered. That last part was the truth. A small grin spread across my face as things had just gotten more interesting with the Doctor.