XV. Fifteen

Adrián

Just like I had predicted, Jonas was now working for Luca. I didn't give a fuck if it was against his will or not. He was now part of the plan and was going to lure Salvatore to our trap tonight. I needed things to go smoothly, and that meant Scarlett couldn't know that tonight Salvatore himself would be watching her every move and would attempt to have her kidnapped again. As bad as it was, things couldn't go wrong tonight. It was our only shot at getting Salvatore tonight without being conjoined to the hip of his precious nephew Luca. Scarlett would go to work as planned, and Jonas would let the Romanos know. Things would naturally fall into place after that. Everything was being carefully planned out. As I sat with Fernando and Ian running the logistics of tonight's plan, I couldn't help but have an uneasy feeling inside of me. I was actually concerned for Scarlett, yet it wasn't the first time I was. Could this feeling really take over my mind that fast? and at first sight? Scarlett felt different, but I couldn't bring myself to feel or label it just yet. Not when there was business that needed to be handled. Tonight wasn't one of those nights where I couldn't let myself be distracted.

"Adrián," Fernando said, slamming a stack of files on the desk, "are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I responded, snapping back into reality. "Then it's settled. Tonight, Salvatore Romano will die. You will handle the bait and chase, and we will handle everything else down to shutting down the highway."

"It's settled," I agreed as I shook Fernando's hand. Fernando was the Don of Chicago and was also my closest ally in this game who wasn't related to the Leon family by blood. Fernando beat me by a couple months at the age of 31. He was tall and had olive-tanned skin with black hair and gray eyes, taking after his father Aldo the most. "What are we going to do about that loose end, Jonas?"

"Leave him be; after all of this is over, I will be the one to handle him." I replied with rage as I recalled everything he had been allowed to get away with Scarlett. I rose from my seat and left Fernando as he worked on securing the highway for tonight. As I exited Lombardi's estate, I called Leo. "How is everything at the hospital?" I asked.

"They have two blacked-out cars scoping out the parking lot where Scarlett's car was previously parked. I already took it and modified the tracer on it. There is no sight of Salvatore yet, but knowing him, he will be arriving as it comes closer to Scarlett's shift ending." Leo said. "Were you able to modify her schedule?" I asked. "Yeah, I gave her a month and a half off, after a hefty donation and finding a replacement for her on short notice." I could already feel him grinning behind the phone.

As the meeting ended, I made my way back towards my place and moved some important items out along with some of Scarlett's new belongings. As of tonight, she wouldn't be safe where we were staying. I'd have to move her to the safest location I knew. As I gave my place a final glance, I armed the place, ready for any intrusion to blow up. Luca thought he had the upper hand in this game, but what he failed to realize was that while he was playing checkers, I was playing chess. Either way, his uncle would die tonight.

By the time her items had been moved, it was time for our plan to be set into motion. Salvatore had shown up and was among the men watching out for Scarlett. His head was so high up in a cloud of delusion, thinking he was one step ahead of knowing her true identity. As she walked over to me in the parking lot, I could picture her lying in my bed naked for me with her legs wide open, like she was last night. I knew Salvatore was watching and reporting everything back to Luca from behind the heavily tinted windows, not only for my own selfish needs but also as a trigger for Salvatore. I stepped out of my car and claimed Scarlett as mine in front of Salvatore. Scarlett was clueless that she was being watched by him tonight, but not me. As I savored her lips, I could feel the rage seeping out of Salvatore's body from the car he was in. Watching as the woman he wanted for his precious nephew was being invaded by none other than his enemy.