Learning to trust is hard (you have to trust to learn)

TW: PTSD, death, abuse,
Please let me know if I missed any

Ranboo and Tubbo were extremely hyper. They came over a lot and Techno didn't feel like hanging out in his room all the time.

They were very nice, and Ranboo shared his liking for sarcasm. The three of them mostly played outside games, and hung out in the basement. Sometimes they dragged Wilbur in to play games too, and he would come back hours later.

"It's funny how they've never even tried to drag me into a game." Techno remarked.

Wilbur laughed, "That's because Ranboo and Tubbo are scared of you."

"Really?" The pink haired boy said with faint suprise.

"Yeah, they asked me to ask you to play, they think you're really tough 'cause you've got the scar on your nose, and on your arms."

The former laughed at that notion, yes he was tough, but he never thought he'd be seen as scary.

"So?"

"What?"

"Will you play?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"I can't deal with them every time, all alone, plus we can hang out in the tree house."

"Fine."

● ● ●

"Okay, so this is an ongoing game, Tubbo and I are soldiers, I am the vice president, Wilbur is president, and Ranboo is an amnesiac soldier, since they actually have amnesia. You figure out what you want to be."

"Okay, I'll be the lonely warrior who abolishes governments."

Wilbur looked at him with a betrayed look. "What? Someone has to be the bad guy, and I hate the government."

The government installed the foster care system, and neglected to help with the abuse, neglected to help with the suffering, and installed CPS as an excuse of 'we are helping,' when they pass over the real abusers out of fear.

Wilbur muttered incoherently, and Tommy cheered. "Okay, so the story line so far is that Wilbur and I built a country around drugs, and it's called L'manburg."

"Drugs?" Techno asked Wilbur.

Wilbur only shrugged, "No idea what this kid gets into, swears like a sailor too."

"He's ten Wilbur."

"Ay! I am a big man, Technoblade! And I take orders from fucking nobody."

Techno chuckled. "All the more reason to hate this government! It was built off of drugs!"

"What's wrong with drugs?" Tommy asked.

"What's wrong with you?" Techno quipped.

He was met by silence as Tommy stared at him, mouth agape as he thought about that.

"You're really funny y'know?"

Everyone began laughing, and the weight that always seemed to weigh down on the strawberry blond, seemed to lighten, even if just a bit.

Lesson 10: Do not mourn the losses, it will only drag you down further.

Techno stared from the closet as the woman slapped the man. The man was the nice one, the woman was an alcoholic. The man sometimes went out, and came back with fruity sweets and little toys for the boy.

He always smiled and held a finger to his lips. The strawberry blond smiled back, and scampered off.

The first time the woman came in, the man quickly shoved him into a closet and said to be very quiet.

He would be yelled at and sometimes beat up, the little boy would stay in the closet for hours on end, until the man let him out, bloody and bruised, but smiling all the same.

He told the boy that that was his wife, they were divorced, but she still beat him to shit. She would come over, demand money, and if he refused, she'd beat him to all heck. If he fought back she'd call the police.

He'd be taken away.

And Techno would fall into the woman's hands until the foster was up.

Now the lady was gone, and the man laid on the floor, he didn't get up, his breathing was labored. The little boy ran for the phone, and called the police.

They said they'd be there in a few minutes, and to stay on the phone, but the woman was close by so Techno quickly apologized and hung up.

He sat next to the man, his eyes were lidded, but he saw the boy and gave him a small smile, reaching his hand up to caress his cheek.

Techno gripped the man's hand tightly, letting the tears fall. His eyes traveled along the man's body, catching sight of the red patch along his waistband that was growing quickly.

He sucked in a breath, the bleeding wouldn't stop.

The ambulance wouldn't arrive in time.

He sat by the man as the blood pooled, and the light left his eyes.

By the time the people came in the house, the man was dead, and Techno felt as cold as the body.

● ● ●

Phil had to work late, and apparently this happened a bit. Wilbur called it a fend for yourself night, and explained that they just had to cook for themselves.

Easy enough, most of his life was fend for yourself.

Each of them made a sandwich and ate a ton of snacks, Techno stayed away from the fruity sweets, but loved the chips and the chocolate.

Phil and Kristen came home later and declared a movie night, later making popcorn to go with it.

________________________

Things take time, take your time.

Have a great day/night my friends! 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙