20.Important royal messages

Original CEO ft Enice

In the Phuchongphisut family's office, tension filled the air as the leader asked about the latest news from guard Siwakorn. Siwakorn reported that the Sovereign-King introduced the Crown Prince, and an invitation to Daveen City was on its way.

 Ratchata, feeling frustrated, pounded the table. This news shook them as Asavadevathin's Crown Prince threatened Phuchongphisut's power. Ratchata had been confident in their position during the Sovereign-King selection, but the return of the presumed-dead heir changed everything.

Ratchata told his son Ramil to practice sword fighting with Petai, but Ramil hesitated, wanting to stay and listen in case he needed to explain something later. Ratchata then mentioned he'd find a better sword-fighting teacher for Ramil, surprising Siwakorn. Ramil questioned the need for more training, but Ratchata insisted something was off and revealed the news about Asavadevathin's Crown Prince. 

Ramil couldn't believe it, thinking it was impossible since everyone believed the Crown Prince died long ago. However, Ratchata disclosed that the Crown Prince was still alive, sparking confusion and rumors. Ramil turned to Siwakorn for clarification, who confirmed the widespread rumor sourced from credible channels. There were talks that the Sovereign-King sent people to retrieve the Crown Prince from another city to bring him back to Daveen.

"So..." 

Ramil murmured softly, lost in thought. He pondered how Atsawathewathin managed to conceal the secret of the Crown Prince for so long without it ever surfacing. It suggested that the child must have been raised in another city, potentially disconnected from Emeley for the past two decades, or else the secret would have leaked already.

"You have to prepare yourself, Ramil. Sovereign-King will introduce the Crown Prince today," Ratchata warned with a tense tone, unable to predict Dhipabawon's next move.

Knock-Knock.

"There is a royal decree from Sovereign-King, sir," came a knock on the door, accompanied by the announcement from the palace outside. Ratchata signaled to Sivakorn, who approached the door and allowed the visitors to enter the grand hall.

As the visitors bowed in respect according to the family hierarchy, they requested permission to deliver an urgent message from the royal palace in Daveen.

"Read it,"

 Ratchata commanded without delay, anticipating the content of the letter.

"The Royal Palace commands you to attend the guard of honor tomorrow at noon at the Daveen Palace, sir," read the messenger.

Ping!

"Dammit!"

 Ratchata slammed his hand on the table once more upon receiving the orders from the highest authority in the country.

The tension in the room escalated, contrasting with Ramil's composed demeanor. He spoke calmly, reassuring his father that their royal lineage and upbringing had prepared them for such challenges, asserting their superiority over commoners.

In the medium-sized conference room at the palace, silence filled the air as all members contemplated the impending announcement from the Sovereign-King. Rumors circulated widely, leaving the clan leaders anxious and uncertain about what lay ahead. Each clan played its own strategic game, masking their intentions and anxiously awaiting the Sovereign-King's decree.

Playing the fool in this game of power is risky. Talking too much can backfire, yet remaining silent could be equally perilous. The inevitability of events cannot be altered by those in authority.

In the midst of competition among the four major clans of Emmaly, it's crucial to strike a balance between appearing knowledgeable and avoiding arrogance. Each governor must tread carefully, hence the silent atmosphere in the room, even the high-ranking gatekeeper respectfully stood as Sovereign-King Dhipabawon entered.

Despite his frailty, Dhipabawon exuded authority, his sharp gaze sweeping the room. After settling, he expressed apologies for the sudden summons, recognizing the power of those present.

Respecting and acknowledging those in positions of power is paramount. Dhipabawon's calm demeanor belied his decision's weight, evident in his hesitant glances at his son, signaling inner conflict.

The Sovereign-King wasted no time in revealing his intentions for a selection ceremony in three months, eliciting surprise and discontent among the noble families. Tarin's facade cracked, while Waseen observed the reactions closely.

Ratchata of Phuchongphisut concealed his displeasure, while Chana of Thawetmetha betrayed anxiety. Even the grandchildren, Evaa and Ramil, remained silent, adding to the tension.

Waseen, sensing the turmoil, contemplated his responsibility to mediate. As the atmosphere grew heavier, he recognized the need for action to soothe the escalating tensions among the noble families.

Although Meenakarin didn't face succession issues, Waseen recognized the need to maintain family harmony. He suggested Phuchongphisut's automatic succession due to their pure lineage. Despite the suffocating tension, Waseen's calm demeanor failed to ease the atmosphere.

Amidst the turmoil, Evaa of Thawetmetha bravely questioned Waseen's statement, seeking clarification. She challenged the notion that she, as a granddaughter, lacked the right to compete or make decisions regarding succession.

Waseen explained that his stance was rooted in tradition, but acknowledged Evaa's dissent. Ratchata, however, smirked, asserting traditional gender roles and implying Evaa's lack of authority.

This declaration drew attention to Ratchata, highlighting his authority and challenging Evaa's defiance.

"A woman is not comparable to a man? Your Majesty..."

 Evaa's heart churned with emotion as she addressed the prince. With a deep breath, she spoke softly yet firmly.

"According to our kingdom's laws, gender isn't a factor in succession. The heir must prove their ability to govern, regardless of gender. So why should my father, the heir to the Thawetmetha family, be denied this right?"

Evaa questioned Emmaly's adherence to lineage, determined to challenge the patriarchal norms. Born into a society with an apparent contradiction between monarchy and democracy, she fought to assert her equality in this royal dynasty.

Chana, the dignified and calm youngest successor, echoed Evaa's sentiment, emphasizing equality regardless of gender. Ratchata, however, smirked, provoking a response from Chana.

"No, you're wrong. Even if Ramil were a woman, I would still support him. Gender doesn't determine wisdom or decision-making ability."

Evaa felt pride in her father's unwavering support and clear vision. His acceptance and encouragement fueled her ambition to compete for the position of Sovereign-King.

When Dhipabawon granted Evaa permission to compete, the room fell silent. Evaa's relief was palpable, while Ramil appeared contemplative, Waseen smiled subtly, and Chana expressed gratitude.

As Dhipabawon announced Evaa's equal right to compete alongside Ramil, the tension in the room dissipated. Tarin, the only remaining silent figure, watched without protest.

With a heavy sigh, Dhipabawon made another significant decision, signaling for Asavadevathin to join the competition.

"Asavadevathin will also compete... bring Kanin in."

---------------------------------------

TBC