Chapter Three

I wore the peaked cap into the Garrison while wearing men's trousers and a button up shirt. I didn't exactly look like a man, considering I was wearing pants, but it's fine.

"Ready to go, Dogs?" I asked Johnny dogs as he got his fiddle ready. He smiled as I sat down the guitar case and took out the acoustic guitar and tightened my strings a bit. Johnny Dogs wasn't exactly a singer... but he tried his best.

Originally, I wanted to pursue music. I wanted to play the violin so badly when I was younger. Hell, I pickpocketed and stole things so I could pay for an instrument. Right when I got the money, the fucking war happened and nobody was getting anything for cheap.

Grace, the extraordinarily beautiful bartender, sat down a line of shots for the three of us. I smiled as I took one while still playing the harmony of the song. Grace was actually really nice. I really liked her in a place like this. Even is she was considered a whore.

It was all fun and happy until the fucking Blinders came in and ordered drinks, then sat down right in front of me. My smile dropped as the song ended and Dogs went to go get a drink himself. What an ass. I set my guitar down and waited for the Blinders to cuff my hands while leading me to their secret room in the back.

"Thomas, honey, we gotta stop meeting like this. People are gonna think something's going on." I sat down on the bench with an annoyed face, looking the three of them in the eyes. Thomas had a three inch gash on his cheek and Arthur had a bruised cheekbone. John didn't have anything. I didn't really feel like marking up his pretty face.

My comment made John snicker a bit towards his brother, who just rolled his eyes. They shut the blinds as I started working on undoing the handcuffs. They were the same ones. Idiots.

"Enough with the fucking comments." Thomas said cooly as he turned back around and faced me. Grace opened the small door, catching sight of me there. "Irish whiskey. Three-" he looked back at me. "Four glasses."

"Are you okay, Dundee?" she asked. I nodded in response as I finished getting the handcuffs unlocked. She nodded in response as she went to get the drinks. Thomas was looking at me with an annoyed face. Arthur and John were looking anywhere but at me.

"Well that's a start," John said, taking a seat across from me. I tilted my head. "Dundee."

"That's my last name." The Australian accent cut through the words. "You dont know if it's real."

Grace put the drinks on the table and I tossed John the handcuffs. He wasn't as surprised this time. I grabbed a drink and took my seat again. Thomas rolled his eyes.

"Sorry about the face, Tom. I didn't know the ring would cut you up that bad." I eyed him as he sat down beside his brother.

"Dont worry about it." He said, lighting up a cigarette. "I could've done worse to you."

"Yeah, whatever makes you sleep at night." I took out one of my own cigarettes and lit it. Thomas wasn't pleased with my remark. As usual.

"We know you work for Kimber, we need to know what you know before somebody gets hurt." Thomas said.

"Oh my fucking god..." I dragged out. "Why are we still on this? I thought I told you I didn't know shit?" I told them. Arthur sighed and Thomas pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Who do you work for then? We saw you talking to Kimber." John pitched his vote in.

I cocked my head to the side, looking at the three of them.

"I work for the ASC. Australian Spy Company. They haven't tasked me with a job in months. I've been picking up cash where I can." I told them. My face said it all. I was annoyed, scared, even a little mad at the moment. I had just given myself up.

"Why are you in Small Heath?" John asked. I rolled my eyes, remembering the real reason I was here.

"Because I have an arrest warrant in Ireland and this was the closest small town I came upon." I told them. "Now can i please fucking go?" I asked. Thomas's face changed. He was embarrassed by what I actually was. He thought I was some top dog spy for Kimber. Kimber couldn't afford me even if he wanted to.

Thomas moved out of the way and I walked through the door, dropping my cigarette in the ashtray. It wasn't all the way finished, but I didn't need it. I needed to eat tonight and that's all that mattered.

I put the guitar in the case and put it over my shoulder. Grace was cleaning some glasses when i came over there, disturbing her work.

"Grace, do you think I could get paid tonight?" I asked. She smiled.

"Yeah, just give me a few minutes." she said with a smile. John Shelby was the last to leave the room, making eye contact with me. I could tell he felt guilt over the whole situation. They know I know shit about them, and that's bad. They also know they won't kill me. What a pity.

"Here you go love," Grace handed me a few cash bills and I tore my gaze from the younger brother.

"Thank you." I told her with a smile as I put the cash in my pocket. The three Shelby's had already walked out the door. Johnny Dogs was packing up his shit. The bar would be open for the next two hours, but it was late. And I was hungry.

"See ya later, Dundee." Dogs said as he left the Garrison. I gave him a slight wave and pursed my lips as the door shut. I knew I'd see him in an hour or two. He said I could sleep there as long as I'd like.

As soon as I walked out those French doors, a hand was over my mouth and the base of a gun hit my head.