Chapter Seventeen

My three brothers all sat around the table, ready for the food my mother made. One thing about my mother, she was a mean fucking cook. So was my dad. They could make anything taste like a million dollar meal in an hour.

After she met my dad, she absolutely fell in love with Italian food. She rarely made her native Colombian dishes, but when she did, they were amazing. Unfortunately, John had Italaian tonight.

"Hope you like Fetteccune." I mumbled as my mother set out plates down in front of us. John looked at me weird.

"What is that?" He asked as I held my mothers hand for grace. I looked at his plate while grabbing his hand for the prayer.

"Dear Jesus, please bless this food we are about to eat, and thank you for blessing the hands who made it. Please watch over Antonia's man, we don't need any more trouble than we have. Amen." You can clearly tell she wasn't all too serious about religion.

I dropped Johns hand and started eating the meal. It was better than I imagined. It's better than the shit they have here.

"This was her Papi's favorite dish, Mr. Shelby. I thought since we'd have a grown man in the house, ida make it." She smiled over at John, who had already eaten half his plate.

"Speaking of Dad, he's alive." I said blankly, causing everyone to furrow their eyebrows and look at me. Especially Antonio.

"Bullshit." Andrew said. My mother slapped him upside the head for cursing.

"No, he got payout papers during the war. He probably fled to the states or the Sweds. He's doing deals." I told them all. Tony rolled his eyes.

"Why hasn't he come back then?" Tony asked. John was finished with his food, looking at everyone else during the conversation.

"He's considered a dead man. The war only ended a year ago, he's probably getting a false identity." John said, making everyone look at him.

"Exactly. To find those in Sweden would be hard, but the States would be fairly easy. Seeing as though you have so many mafia's there." I added onto the Johns comment.

My mother nodded, staring down at her food. I could tell she missed my father. The time they did spend together was a good time, and she missed it.

"Why the hell are we talkin' about dad when we got John Shelby right here, aye?" Andrew laughed as he lightly smacked John's shoulder. John was beat red, not knowing what to do in the situation.

I closed the door to my room, then immediately opened my window. John was already starting to climb up the limestone house. What a romance.

Once he got to the top, he got in and immediately grabbed my face and kissed me. It wasn't the kiss we usually had, it was heated and passionate. I felt like I was on fire. We were so close.

I walked backwards so he collapsed on the bed, straddling his waist with our mouths still going in sync together. He reached down and started to undo the zipper holding my dress together. He takes it so fucking fast, it's exausting.

"John, go slower." I mumbled into his lips, putting my forehead against his. He zipped my dress back up, and moved his hands to my hips, pushing me back down on his crotch.

I unbuttoned his shirt and threw it to the ground, along with his vest. Seeing him shirtless in front of me always made my heart race, but not like it did. I felt hot.

"Something the matter?" He asked, holding my jaw lightly. I just shrugged. He was so beautiful in front of me, I didn't want to fuck. I just wanted to be in his arms.

"You're just..." I looked into his eyes, seeing them bluer than usual. "I just love you."

He laughed, pulling me off his lap and beside him. He kissed my forehead with a smile.

"I love you too, Antonia." He caressed the side of my face, taking in every detail. "I would ask you to marry me, but we're in your bed. I'd want it to be better."

My face dropped, did he actually just say that? Did John Shelby just say we was going to fucking marry me? The statement made my heart go a lot fast than it already was.

"I rather it be here than around my brothers. Or yours to be completely honest." I got closer to him, out faces were inches apart.

"Marry me, Antonia Sofia Dundee." He used my full name. I smiled and kissed him, both of my hands going to his face as our lips attached. He smiled, putting his hands around my waist.

I couldn't be happier.