Chapter Ten

We all met at the table, Thomas already had a cigarette in his hand for the 'family meeting'. I don't know why I was a part of it. It's family. I'm not family.

"Toni sit down." Thomas yelled as I attempted to walk away from the table. I balled my right hand into a fist, then turned around and sat down beside John. He gave me a small smile before we all turned our attention back to Thomas.

"As you know, the Lee's want us dead unless a marriage is held." He exhaled his cigarette. "Since John won't do it, we need a man to do it." That made me hold in a laugh. Why doesn't he do it?

"How old is the girl?" I asked him. He looked at me weirdly.

"18." He replied.

"I'm good friends with the Lee boys. We could use my brother." I suggested. John laughed a bit beside me.

"You mean that bitch that called us bastards?" He looked at me.

"I never said he was bright." I retorted.

Thomas sighed, rubbing his eyes. "We meet her brother at the Garrison at noon today, arrange something."

"And if he doesn't fucking agree?" John asked, looking at me and then his brother.

"Then we beat the shit out of him and ship him back to Australia." I got up from the table and left the room. I had a meeting today with a brother of mine. I wouldn't want to look like a hobo.

--

I smoked my second cigarette if the day and dropped it to the ground, my heart beating faster than usual. It could win a fucking horse race.

I was walking beside John and in front of Thomas to the Garrison. I didn't like seeing my brother in a place like this. This wasn't a place for happy go-lucky people. It was a place for business and crime. Something a goddamn 16 year old doesn't need to see.

I opened the French doors and walked into the pub. My brother obviously wouldn't know about the private room in the back, so he'd be sitting here in a random booth. Probably drinking.

"Sofia!" I turned around to my right immediately and saw my brothers.

All of them.

"mucho tiempo sin verte, hermana!" Tony exclaimed, but i immediately shushed them with my yelling.

"estas jodidamente loco? ¿Qué mierda están haciendo aquí? ¿Estás tratando de hacer que los maten?!" I asked them if they were trying to get the family killed. They were all such dumbasses.

"Relájate, Sofía. Mamá está en una habitación con un hombre amable en el centro de la ciudad. ella quiere verte." Andrew told me to relax and our mother wanted to see me. What a fucking cunt.

Thomas came into the circle of yelling and arguing Spanish, then made himself present by clearing his throat. They all looked at him, seeing as though he was a man of power.

"I want you," he pointed to Rico. "To stay here with Mr. Dogs while I talk to your brothers." Tommy told him. He nodded, getting his book back out and reading it. He was very calm for his age. Better than I was.

"Get in there." I shoved Tony in the room. I waited until the door was shut to punch the oldest brother in the face, making his nose bleed.

"What the fuck, Sofìe?!" He yelled in English. Good to know he still has that intelligence.

"What the hell were you thinking? Bringing them to fucking Birmingham? Have lost your fucking mind?" I yelled at him. He held his nose in disbelief.

"Toni, it's alright." Thomas assured me, gesturing for me to take a seat. Tony and Andy had already taken theirs.