Mysterious Fathoms

Seagulls flew around the ship as the waves crashed over it. Onboard, sailors pulled the masks as the salty spray misted their deck and hauled fish in nets onto the deck.

Sailors:
I'll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue
And it's hey you the starboard, heave-ho!
Look out, lad, a mermaid be waitin' for you in mysterious fathoms below
Fathoms below, below

They unveiled a statue of a merman god with a trident.

Sailors:
From whence wayward westerlies blow,
Where Triton is king and his merpeople sing
In mysterious fathoms below

A young woman leaned over the deck, the wind blowing her dark hair, but unable to blow the grin off her face. "Isn't this great, Y/n? The salty sea air, the wind in your face...a perfect day to be out at sea."

This Y/n glanced at the side of the deck, where their butler , Grimsb, was hurling into the ocean. "Yeah, it's great," she responded flatly.

One of the sailors pulled on a rope, Erica running over to help. "A fine strong wind and a followin' sea. King Triton mist be in a friendly-type mood."

"King Triton?" Erica asked, suddenly intrigued.

"Ruler of the merpeople, my chicken nugget," Y/n said as she got off from leaning on the edge of the boat and joining Erica. "Thought you were a decent sailor."

"Watch it, smart-mouth."

"Merpeople!" Grimsby exclaimed, back on the ship. "Y/n, what did I tell you about such nautical nonsense?"

"But it ain't nonsense, it's the truth!" another sailor insisted, jumping at the younger princess' defense, waving a fish in Grimsby's face. "I'm tellin' you, down in the depths o' the ocean they live!"

The fish jumped from the sailor's hand and into the water, relieved once he felt the cool water on his fins.

Y/n glanced after the fish while Erica was still helping. "Um...hey, look, I gotta...pee. I'll be right back."

Erica looked back at her, her mouth pulled back. "Y/n, you promised. No running away today."

"I'm not, I'm not! I just gotta...go. I'm sorry, I'll be right back."

With nobody looking, she climbed to the highest part of the ship, removing her dress, where a f/c bikini was underneath it, and jumped in.

Sailors:
In mysterious fathoms below!

Once she hit the ocean, her legs merged together, transforming into a s/f/c tail. Seeing the the fish was still there, she swam over to him. "You okay?" she asked, checking him over.

The fish nodded, then swam away.

"Right. Onto bigger things."