Kiss Him, Girl

Arius turned himself to wave at Carlotta and Grimsby as they began their ride at sunrise. He looked back at the road, pointing excitedly. Erica smiled, then turned back. In another moment, she looked back in surprise at Arius flipped upside-down to watch the horses' feet clop, Y/n flipped with him.

As they passed the canal between the castle and the kingdom, Flounder leaped out of the water. "Has she kissed him yet?" he asked Sebastian.

"Not yet," he whispered back.

"Aww..."

They stopped at the town's square, Arius leading them to a puppet booth. He looked curiously, then grabbed at one, ripping it off the puppeteer's hand. Looking around, he grabbed their arms and rushed them over to where others were dancing, but stopped when he saw his fast they were moving and slithered off to the side to watch.

"Are you alright?" Y/n asked, leaning next to him on a wall. He pointed at the people dancing, gazing at them wistfully.

"I know what you mean. We're all kinda misfits, huh? A guy who can't talk in a world that can't shut up, a future queen who would rather be a sailor, and a princess who would rather be a mermaid. It's kind we're, well...fish out of water!" she snapped, thinking it was funny considering.

Eyes wide, Arius ran away from her, not knowing if she knew.

"Did I say something wrong?" Y/n asked, walking a bit closer. "I'm sorry." Knowing that he wanted to, she offered, "Hey, would you like to dance?"

He looked back at her nervously, playing with his fingers.

"Come on. Dancing beats small talk any day!" She took his hand and guided him to the edge of the group. "You can go so many things with just your feet!"

Y/n:
Dancing is a language that is felt inside

She skipped around him, Arius watching with a smile.

Y/n:
You can whisper, sing, or shout without so much as a word

"Try it. Go on."

Y/n:
Like so

Arius spun around, falling into Y/n's arms. She took his hands and steadied him.

Y/n:
Just let your emotions tell your body what to do

He waved his arms, then flapped them with a spin.

Y/n:
See how much a single gesture can reveal
And every little step
Every single step
Is one step closer to saying
What you feel

She took his hands again, Arius looking into her eyes. Shocked by a similar feeling from the day before, he let go and turned, backing away.

She skipped around so that she was on front of him and he had stopped trying to get away.

Y/n:
Once the music hits you, inhibitions fall away
And you find that you're expressing things
Your voice daren't say
Don't be afraid, let go

He turned again, trying to unfeel whatever confusing emotion was overwhelming him whenever he was with her. There was no way it could be love. He loved Erica. He had always loved her...

Y/n:
Soon as you surrender, what's inside will sweep on through
As the boundaries between us disappear

He turned back, watching as she took large, obvious steps towards him.