Epilogue

Arius sadly gazed at Y/n on a rock, who was still passed out. Waves were crashing onto her legs, but they remained as they were. It was as if her mission from the ocean had been completed.

Y/n got up, leaning on her elbows and looked down. She saw the water on her legs. Her legs.

"No..."

She looked up to find Arius looking back at her. Sadly, she lifted her hand and waved, then turned back to the castle, cursing her stupid legs and their stupid fleshiness and their stupid non-s/f/c color.

Arius watched her go, biting his lip. She was gone again.

-

Behind him, Triton watched with a sigh. To Sebastian, he said, "He really does love her, doesn't he, Sebastian?"

He nodded sympathetically. "Well, it's like I always say, Your Majesty. Children got to be free to lead their own life."

"You always say that?" he asked a little mockingly.

Sheepishly, he shrugged.

Triton sighed again. "Then I guess there's just one problem left."

"And what's 'dat, Your Majesty?"

With a sad look, he responded, "How much I'm going to miss him."

He looked at the king disbelievingly as he put his trident in the water and a yellow glow rippled across the clear waters to Arius.

He tore his gaze from his star-crossed lover to his green tail - or perhaps we should say his brown legs. He looked back at his father and smiled at him, Triton smiling back.

Jumping into the water, he called, "Y/n, wait!"

She looked back, her eyes lighting up when she saw Arius in a sparkly purple suit and having his legs back, his arms stretched out for her.

Arius:
Now we can walk
Now we can run...

She ran and jumped into them, Arius spinning her around. Placing her down, they kissed.

-

Two Years Later

OR