Under the Sea

"Arius, dear? Time to come out. You've been in there all morning."

Arius came out from the curtain, humming to himself, his sisters watching him sharply. He sat at the vanity table, fluffing out his bangs, making sure the was enough volume in them. He picked up a flower and smelt it, swimming out, and bumping into the king.

"Oh. Morning, Dad," he said, putting the flower in his hair.

"Well," he chuckled as Arius Sean off in circles.

"Ya da da, ya da da..."

[Severe Cinderella flashbacks, anyone?]

Watching with her sisters, Attina said, "Oh, he's got it bad."

Triton snapped out of it. "What? What has he got?" [Not me laughing my ass off everytime at this part.]

"Isn't it obvious, Daddy?" Andrina asked. "Arius is in love."

"Arius?" Triton took the flower from his hair to stare at it. "In love?" He began to smile to himself, twirling the flower around in his hand.

-

"O-kay. So fa', so good," Sebastian said to himself, pacing around. "I don't t'ink 'de king knows." A petal fell onto his head, which he blew away without another thought. "But it will not be easy keeping somet'ing like 'dis a secret for long."

Arius continued pulling off petals from a flower, saying, "She loves me. Hmm!" He took the next one with disgust. "She loves me not." Pulling the last one, he gasped, "She loves me!" He flipped on his back, giggling to himself as he hugged the petal. "Oh, I knew it!"

"A-rius! Stop taking crazy!" Sebastian ordered once he noticed where all the petals were coming from.

The mer-boy ignored him, sitting up suddenly. "I've got to see her again as she is. Tonight! Scuttle knows where she lives!"

As he swam away, Sebastian grabbed fire his tail, being dragged around before getting flipped off of it. "A-rius, please! Will you get your head out of 'de clouds and back in 'de water where it belongs?"

"I'll swim up to her castle. Then Flounder will splash around to get her attention! And maybe I can talk to the other girl, too!"

"DOWN HERE IS YOUR HOME!"

Sebastian swam in front of him, stopping him. "A-rius. Listen to me. 'De human world is a mess. Life unda 'da sea is better 'den anyt'ing 'dey got up 'dere." He sat Arius down to explain to him.

Sebastian:
'De seaweed is always greena
In somebody else's lake
You dream about goin' up 'dere

He fixed Arius' gaze on him and away from looking upward.

Sebastian:
Now 'dat is a big mistake

Atius smirked at him, unconvinced.

Sebastian:
Just look at 'de world around you
Right here on 'de ocean floor

Yellow fish swam over, circling Arius. He swam up with them, the water swirling his hair around him.

Sebastian:
Such wonderful t'ings around you
What more is you lookin' for?

He began to dance on the rock. When Arius floated down to sit, he jumped up, landing on his tail.

Sebastian:
Unda da sea
Unda da sea
My guy, it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me
Up on 'de shore, 'dey work all day
Out in 'de sun, 'dey slave away