02

"I don't remember."

Detective Bailey sighed and put the mask back on the table. He'd been trying to interrogate Mabel for two hours right out of the hospital. But she only answered to complain or didn't remember anything.

"Do you at least remember the mask he wore ? We found this one on the crime scene." He said while crushing his finger on it driving it into the table. "It says it belong to Jill Roberts."

"I don't know." She shrugged and a tiny tear escaped her swollen eye.

An officer suddenly entered. "Sir, the Carpenter sisters are here."

Mabel's face lit up and she immediately tried to get up. Before groaning at the pain in her leg and standing with her chair in her right hand.

"C-can I see them too ?" She asked looking at the detective then the officer.

Bailey looked doubtful for a moment, then finally walked out of the room, waving his hand. "Come on."

She stumbled beside him, and the officer who had called him handed him another mask. They stopped in front of a door. And Bailey entered the room first, followed by Mabel.

She sighed in relief when she saw that the two sisters were fine. She examined Sam as best she could and even managed to meet her gaze but she looked away immediately afterward.

Tara who was lying arms crossed on the table. Got up immediately at the sight of the girl.

"Oh god-" She gasped and immediately took her in her arms. She gave her a hug before pulling away to cup her face in her hands. "Look at you. You look like a dog that got stung by a bee."

Sam watched the scene silently with her arms crossed. She felt like a weight in her chest. She felt guilty. Because the worst scenario she could have imagined actually happened. Mabel had been hurt. She had purposely kept her distance from the girl so that she wouldn't be in danger, but had done quite the opposite, and had never wanted to be close to her so much.

And the worst part is the more she looked at her. The more she hurt herself. Even though Tara made a joke of it, it was crazy to see how much Mabel's face had swelled. It was red and full of cuts. And Sam just imagining the pain she had to go through just because of her made her nauseous.

"I can barely see your face. You are laughing at me ? Don't you ?" Mabel giggled as she tapped Tara's face.

The brunette laughed lightly and grabbed hee wrist to stop her. "Nah, don't worry. You're cute like that. Camila might even want to go out with you."

"I knew you were laughing at me." She sighed and Tara chuckled pushing her shoulder.

Sam cleared her throat to remove the bitter taste of jealousy. She readjusted herself in her chair making a noise and Tara turned to her and raised her eyebrows silently asking her why she was so pissed off.

Finally Bailey asked them about Richie whose mask had been found at the scene of their attacks. And also on if they had an alibi, without forgetting to ask them if someone might want to target them.

Then the same officer as earlier comes to announce that the FBI was there. And Bailey left the room leaving the three alone.

"We should follow him." Sam said quickly standing up.

Mabel immediately stood up and Tara followed as the three left the room and headed down the hall. Once almost across Sam saw a familiar figure.

"Kirby ?" She asked, tilting her head to see better.