01

"Mariah move your ass in midfield ! We keep losing the ball !" Tania screamed as she continued to run.

She rolled her eyes as she ran beside her. "You have no order to give me."

"Can you two stop talking and focus on the game ?" Lauryn interrupts them and the two girls looked at her before scoffed to both eventually run away from her.

The coach whistled and everyone turned towards him.

"Mabel ! Stop looking at that butterfly !" He screamed as he threw his cap on the floor.

The girl in question blushed in embarrassment and lowered her head to look in the direction of the man. "Sorry Coach."

"You're lucky it's just the practice game. And you Beya, stop going out of your end zone so often. These are unnecessary risks." He says while rubbing his bald head.

"Got it Coach." She nodded, pulling her glove off her right hand with her teeth.

"Tania. You stop giving instructions to your teammates, you are not the coach." He pointed at her menacingly with a raised eyebrow.

"Fine." She groaned as she crossed her arms.

"Lauryn you- Where's Lauryn ?" He asked looking around.

The girls turned towards Beya, who shrugged. "She's mad at me. I don't know where she is."

"How come she's mad at you ? What did you do ?" Frankie asked sitting down next to her.

"I don't even know. She refuse to talk to me." She growled as she took a sip from her bottle.

"Well you better settle that. The team must stick together, otherwise the tactic falls apart." Said the coach writing something on his papers.

"It's good for today you can go everyone. Thank you for your efforts and I see you Saturday for the game." He announced, putting his pen behind his ear. "Frankie be on time for god's sake."

Mabel sat down and picked up his cap and shook it off the grass before handing it to him.

He smiled as he picked up the item. "Thank you Mabel. Despite everything, you played really well today."

"Thanks Coach." She mumbled smiling too.

✭ ✭ ✭

"Oh come on Sam." Tara growled desperately.

The youngest of the Carpenters sisters absolutely wanted to go to a party. The one where Mabel had her Mindy, Anika and Chad offer to come because it was throwed by one of her teammates.

"Tara it's Thursday. You have class tomorrow." She replied with a sigh exasperated at her sister's incessant demands.

"I wouldn't drink ! I promise you-" Someone rang the doorbell and Tara immediately stopped talking and smiled.

Sam frowned at her sister's smug expression before going to open the door.

She faced Mabel in the doorstep, still in her soccer jersey and shorts, bag in hand.