00

"Okay. There's really nothing wrong here ?"

Sam turned off the water from the tap and put the dishes in the sink before turning back to Tara who was looking at her with a serious look on her face with her arms crossed.

"Nothing." She shrugged, turning around again to take a plate in her hands.

Tara raised her eyebrows and approached to stand next to her. "Really ? Nothing bothers you ?"

"What could bother me ?" She asked back, rubbing the dishes with the sponge.

"Maybe the fact that Mabel is gone." She said taking the plate from his hands to get his attention. "Why didn't you go see her before she left ?"

"Why are you talking to me about this ?" She mumbled rolling her eyes. "She'll be back soon anyway."

"Maybe. Or maybe not." Tara retorted, pushing her hand back to prevent Sam from retrieving the plate. "She was upset this morning that you didn't show up."

"What do you mean maybe not ?" She frowned.

Tara scoffed before pushing the plate against Sam's chest. "You really only hear what you want to hear."

Sam put the plate back in the sink and rushed to catch up with her sister who was already crossing the hall. "What do you mean by 'maybe not' ?"

"You better make a move before Camila beats you to it !" She screamed as she entered her room before slamming her door without giving Sam time to answer.

✭ ✭ ✭

"... And lots of ice cream-" Lauryn noted in her notebook with her glittery pink pen.

"-tons of ice cream." Added Beya, nodding her head.

Frankie lifted her head from Mariah's shoulder, raising her finger. "We should surprise her !"

"With fireworks !" Lauryn replied clapping her hands excitedly.

Tania and Mariah gave each other a panicked look.

"Okay guys, maybe we should calm down a bit." Started Tania by taking Frankie's head to put it back on Mariah's shoulder.

"We all know Mabel loves parties." Mariah continued and everyone nodded. "But, she is coming out of a traumatic event. We should keep it simple this time around."

"Yeah but maybe she also wants everything back to normal. A party would be perfect for that." Argued Beya making Lauryn smile and gave her a teasing shoulder bump.

"How about a slumber party !" Frankie announced raising her head again.

"Why don't you go back to the playground ? We're not twelve anymore Fanckie." Mariah rolled her eyes and Tani chuckled, shaking her head.

"Okay, rude." She groaned as she pushed her arm.

"Maybe we should just ask Tara." Tania sighed as she sat down between Beya and Lauryn, defeated.

Close To You | Sam CarpenterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara