Mr. Wrong Part 2

"Spencer," Trina's voice snapped him from his thoughts. "Where'd you go? What's wrong?" She questioned as she caressed his arm that cradled her. He shook his head, "it's nothing."

She examined his face before cupping it in her small hands. "Talk to me; what's on your mind?" Their eyes spoke to each other before he apologized. "Why are you apologizing? Spencer, what happened?"

"I never wanted you to become isolated from your family, especially if it's because you're with me." He expressed, gulping the knot in his throat as his thoughts ran wild. "The last thing I want is for you to feel remorseful for choosing me over your family. They're just trying to protect you —" He began to ramble but was hushed by the female who sat before him.

"Stop, you're rambling," Trina whispered, caressing his bottom lip. "Regret is one emotion that never crossed my mind when it came to you – despite it all – and I'm pretty sure it never will."

She sat up, throwing her legs across his lap in a straddle.

"This – what you're doing right now – is what makes me angry at them." Her voice cracked as tears burned her eyes as she tried hard to hold them back; she cried enough.

"You understand them; you try to reason with their emotions, but they're not reciprocating the same sentiments." Her voice hardened as her anger built; she felt his hands wipe her cheeks as the tears involuntarily fell.

"Baby, it's not your fault, at least not solely your fault. You made mistakes, and you will continue to make them because you're human. They just don't know you like I do; if they did, they'd be singing a different tune."

She gave him a smile which he returned.

"They're not trying to, though." She continued.

"Can you blame them? I lied to you; I brought Esme to Port Charles to cause havoc on my own family, and ultimately, that backfired on me; I hurt you in the process; they had to clean up the mess I left you in. So yeah, to your point, I understand their sentiments." He expressed his internal thoughts before looking at Trina, whose head tilted to the side with a pout. "You still beat yourself up over that." She whispered. "How can I not? I wasn't there when it mattered."

She kissed him softly, "You're here now." She whispered.

"I just keep having these thoughts that I'm 'Mr. Wrong' and it's like a devil on my shoulder that keeps reminding me that I am, that I always will be. You had a good guy, but you chose me instead." He released a breath as he finally got those words off his chest.

"I chose the right guy, but if you consider yourself as that, then remember this. I love my Mr. Wrong," 

Spencer chuckled a bit, making Trina do the same before he pulled her in for a kiss. Trina deepened the kiss as he stood up briefly to lay her on her back. "I love you too, Mrs. Right." She smiled in the kiss before speaking again, "We're so cheesy."

Spencer began to remove her shirt before his phone rang. He ignored it, undressing the female more, but the constant ringing triggered him to answer. "Hello." he didn't check the caller ID due to irritation. "where's my baby?"

-

Trina grabbed the baby bag as Spencer took the carrier; they exited the parking lot into the apartment complex.

"Why didn't you get an apartment in this complex?" Trina asked, genuinely curious. "I know Esme's presence around me makes you uncomfortable. I know she won't leave, so I took the chance for you....for us."