Mr. Wrong Part 4

"Spencer," Sam greeted her cousin with a warm smile and hug. "What brings you here?" She invited him into her home before offering some refreshments.

"I need a huge favor." She stared at him as she picked up her coffee, "Well, that depends," he nodded before explaining his situation.

She folded her legs on her couch as she sat beside him. "Oh shit, that's – that's new."

He chuckled at her reaction, "It is, isn't it; but what I want from you is your contact with Spinelli; you're still friends with him, right?" she nodded, "yeah, Spinelli can be of much help for that, hold on."

She reached over for her phone; she tapped away at it before the sound of ringing filled the living room.

"Samantha, what a pleasure for you to grace my phone."

The female smiled softly, "Spinelli, how are you?"

The friends caught up briefly before she forwarded the conversation to the primary matter.

She notified Spinelli that Spencer was listening and allowed him to explain the situation in detail.

"The Princely One Junior, you have yourself a case of a deep fake." He gave Spencer an infamous nickname as he answered his problem.

Sam and Spencer looked at one another in confusion. "Explain?" Sam egged for more information as Spencer nodded in agreement.

Spinelli chuckled a bit before explaining, "It's a new AI – Artificial Intelligence – feature; ooh, this is exciting; I've been studying and practicing. This is my first  encounter with one." He ventured away from his initial explanation due to his excitement.

"Spinelli," Sam called out, snapping him back to reality. "Sorry, my bad. Anyways,"

" It's synthetic – manufactured – media that have been digitally manipulated to replace one person's resemblance convincingly with that of another." He explained the technical definition to the duo, who glanced at each other in shock.

"So, you're telling me someone can take my identity and manipulate it on another person." Spinelli agreed with the simpler description as he expressed more details.

"Technology, man, the feature not only includes physical manipulation, but audio as well. Back then, we had to piece together audio and smooth it out to falsify recordings. Remember that, Samantha?"

Sam laughed as she recalled her, Jason, and Spinelli's teamwork. "But now, all you need is a snippet of a voice, and the AI will accumulate the vocal characteristics of how that person speaks, and you're home free."

"Princely Junior, do you have said video?" Spinelli sounded a bit distant as he questioned Spencer. They learned he was in search of his computer.

"Oh, no, I don't, but my girlfriend does; give me a minute," Spencer called Trina, who answered almost immediately.

"Spencer," Trina's voice filled his ear. "Trina, send me the video right now. I'm on a call with Spinelli; he's willing to help." He explained quickly.

Trina pulled back from her phone, instantly sending the video to Spencer, who forwarded it to Sam, who sent it to Spinelli.

Spencer kept Trina on the call for her to listen in on the conversation. As Spinelli glanced over the footage, Sam and Spencer took that minute to inform Trina of their recently learned knowledge.

"I'll be honest, initially, upon your explanation, I thought the person was possibly an amateur using a cheap feature on some pornstars, but this manipulation is topnotch; it's clean."

"What do you mean? How do you know?" Sam asked, genuinely curious.

"Well, there's no sign of glitches; that's telling me it's either homemade or damn near perfect editing. I'm positive editing over an already reworked video won't create such a flawless finish, so I'm going with homemade." They heard the amazement in his voice.

"Just so you know, when I say homemade, I mean that they allowed the technology to scan the body of the model, giving it more access to smoothly merge the uniqueness of one feature onto them, and then no matter what movements are made, the filter of the different identity will not falter, it's brilliant!"

They heard a few claps followed by laughter, "I thank you for this experience Princely One and Samantha. I need some time to dissect this video; I will contact you once I'm done."

Sam and Spinelli said their goodbyes as Spencer voiced his gratitude. "Trina, are you still there?"

"Yeah, come and get me. Please." She whispered, worrying him. "I'm coming."

Spencer stood up, giving Sam another hug.

"Everything is going to be fine. You know Spinelli is the best at all of this stuff; I'm headed to the station to see Dante; I will see if there's anything legally that can be done to whoever did this."

Spencer nodded, "Yeah, but don't push it forward yet."

She nodded as they bid goodbye.

As soon as Spencer pulled up at Trina's family home, she dashed outside into his arms. "I'm sorry." She whispered into his neck as he lifted her.

She profusely apologized to him as he swayed them from side to side.

"It's okay, my love. Truly, it's okay." She kissed him intensely, dragging her hands from behind his neck to his throat. "Can we go by you?" she asked softly.

He nodded, carrying her to his car, but she hopped down and ran back to her family home, grabbing a duffle bag and locking the door of the empty house.

-

"It's been a long three days, hasn't it?" He commented yet asked as he sat down. Trina nodded at his question.

The apartment was silent as she approached him. She straddled his lap as she gazed into his eyes.

She noticed his Adam's apple bobbed; she leaned in, kissing his known pressure and pleasure points on his upper body. She felt him squeeze her waist as an exhale left his lips.

She captured his lips in hers, tilting her head to the right and deepening the kiss.

"Baby.." he drags off as she grinds on his hardening member; she hushes him. "Sh, let me take care of you, my love."

-

"I think we need to fight and makeup that way more often," Spencer stated through his breathless state.

Trina giggled, hiding her smile in his bare chest, triggering Spencer to pull her into him closer. "I never want to lose you; I feel like I was so close – too close to losing you." He expressed as he cuddled his face into her hair.

"It looked so real, but I should've known better."  Spencer gave her a squeeze, "No, stop it. As you said, it looked real, and the situation they used against us is a common problem many people have in their relationships." He spoke softly to her.

"But trust me, baby girl, that's one problem you will never have to worry about."

Trina kissed his chest before stretching upwards to plant another on his lips. "I love you." she whispered, "I love you, more." he teased as her phone rang.

It was Portia.

Trina silenced her phone as she sent her mom a text.

"I don't feel like arguing; I will talk to her later." She remarked before returning to her position, intertwined with Spencer.

"Who do you think did it? Like put the idea in motion." Trina asked, but both of them had the same idea.

"Esme," They answered in unison.