Mr. Wrong Part 9

"You ready, babe?" Spencer turned to Trina, who checked herself in the mirror. "I'm nervous." she stared at the visible seven months stomach. "I can't hide it anymore; it just poofs overnight." she made a soft explosion noise as she described the sudden growth of her stomach. Spencer approached her from behind, cradling her stomach. "we're about to learn if it's a boy or girl." he whispered in her ear.

She turned to him, "You want a boy." she stated, his lips pulled down in an upside-down smile. "Maybe, but whatever it may be, I know I'll love it to death." She pulled him down into a soft kiss before they left the apartment.

"Are you prepared for the trial?" Spencer questioned as they drove to General Hospital. Trina nodded, "I'm excited; we both get justice. Do you think the planted data on Bradley's laptop was wrong?" Trina suddenly asks. Spencer glanced at her, "Why? Do you regret it?" she shrugged. "I don't know how I feel, a part of me does, but that doesn't outweigh the part that doesn't," she confessed.

"I still can't believe my mom." she added, "We haven't spoken since, she tried reaching out, but I can't look at her the same anymore." He heard a slight sniffle; he grabbed her hand, holding it on the shift gear to comfort her as he drove.

"She might be to work today; I don't know what I'm going to do if I bump into her like this." she held her bump as she spoke.

"You're going to do what you always do – be the big-hearted person you are." He told her as he stopped at a red light. He turned to her, "You love your mom; the hurt you feel is proof of that, don't feel guilty for feeling that way. She did something horrible, very malicious – love often causes those reactions." She nodded.

The light turned green, prompting Spencer to focus on the road again.

"Listen, I'm not telling you to forgive her – if that's not what you want to do – but you can love her from afar." He added as he parked his car in the parking lot. "Sounds good?" Trina nodded once more before giving him a slight smile. "Thank you," she said as he kissed her knuckles in return. "Come on, let's make our appointment."

-

"Oh my." Austin expressed his shock as he entered the room. "You two are expecting?" being a substitute for their selected doctor, he was unaware of the duo's pregnancy, as per everyone in town. They nodded as Trina routinely sat on the bed.

"Okay, today we're going to see the development of the fetus, and you guys want to know the gender." He read off the schedule as he glanced at the medical report. "I'm sure you know all of the protocols by now." he joked with Trina as she lay down, pulling her shirt beneath her bosom.

As Austin set up his equipment, he asked Spencer to turn off the lights. Spencer complied, returning beside Trina as a projector shined on a whiteboard.

"This will be a bit cold."

He placed the gel on her stomach and then glided the wand around her bump. "There she is."

"She?" Spencer turned to Austin, who shook his head. "Sorry, that's a general term that I use." he chuckled softly, "This little person has developed perfectly; everything is intact, you see, that's the head, face, hands, and feet." He glided the wand at each section of the child as he described what was being shown.  "But, they are stubborn – won't let me see their gender."

He paused the ultrasound, "There's an ice cream freezer in the children's ward, you both can follow me there to trigger him to move, and the ice cream should help sweet him up a bit for us." The couple nodded; they got prepared and began following Austin.