Mr. Wrong part 3

"This person has either turned off their cell phone or is out of range. Please try your call again later. You can leave a message after the tone."

Spencer groaned as the automatic voicemail repeated its script.

He entered her chat once more, discovering that his text was still marked as delivered.

He threw his phone as he approached his window; he was worried and scared; she told him she would be right back, and since then, he has not heard from her.

-

Nightfall approached quickly, provoking Spencer to leave multiple voice notes in her chat since her voicemail wasn't allowing him anymore.

His hair became messy from how many times he pushed and pulled it about. He was panicked as the worse scenarios played out in his mind.

There could've been a car accident.
What if she was abducted again?
Was Esme behind it?

Speaking of Esme, he was repulsed by her actions at Laura's apartment. He let the first touch at his aunt's workplace slide as an accident, but that caress she did at the apartment was unexpected – to him, at least.

He didn't even notice how close their proximity was until she did that.

He knew Trina loathed it; he felt it in their shared kiss before leaving his grandmother's apartment.

He picked up his keys, leaving his home.

He knew his destination was risky, but it needed to be done.

Trina sat in pure darkness as her mind was pulled in many different directions.

Earlier, she received another text from the same number; a picture was attached this time.

The photo emitted an intimate stance, Spencer holding the baby as Esme caressed his forearm. Matter-of-fact, the office looked similar to Alexis' workplace, where Esme recently got employed.

Spencer's clothes matched what he wore yesterday, and the fact that he had Ace in his custody did not make it any better.

She was surprised that she wasn't dry out of tears. She was crying back to back – two days straight. She was tired of hurt.

Despite that, she kept replaying the video, desperately trying to debunk the accuracy, but everything within it seemed so authentic.

The birthmark on his back, the recent tattoo of his family crest on his wrist, all minor details only someone intimately involved with him would know about – this couldn't even be a doppelganger.

She attempted to call the number again, but it seemed like it didn't exist, which perplexed her.

She heard commotion downstairs; she first ignored it until she heard a certain voice.

-

"You have some nerve." Marshall gritted out as he answered the front door.

"I know, I shouldn't have shown up unannounced, but I'm looking for Trina." His eyes shook, hoping that she was there, "why?" Marshall asked.

Spencer caught the glare from the older male. He was stunned.

He thought they had mutual respect for one another after their talk – after he blessed their relationship.

"Um." He stumbled over his words for a moment.

"She spoke to me about what happened yesterday and told me that she was coming back here to get some items to stay with me for a while; that was hours ago, from this morning. I'm worried about her." He explained in one breath. Marshall's eyebrows gathered.