Mr. Wrong Part 7

A few days later, Portia, Esme, and Bradley met in a warehouse, undisclosed to the general public, as they spoke about the unraveling situation. "There's no need for your panic; we've already spoken on this," his speech stopped as his phone rang.

"I need to take this, excuse me – Mayor Collins, hello."

Portia and Esme sat in uncomfortable silence as Bradley took his phone call with Laura; he returned for his laptop and disappeared again for the next five minutes.

"I'm sorry, the firewall was blocking the mayor's emails; I had to rectify that quickly." He explained that he was unaware of the confusion the two ladies experienced by the technical terms. "What were we saying?"

"Charlie snitched, and he exposed Esme because of Spencer and his cousins – along with my daughter." She dragged off as she blinked away her tears. Esme rolled her eyes as Portia continued, "You're telling us not to be worried, but they were able to track down Charlie; how would they even know Charlie."

"I'll tell you how," Esme added, looking at Portia. "They have someone in their corner, just like our friend here." She pointed at Bradley, who looked at her just as perplexed. "Who?" Bradley asked bitterly, clearly bothered about being conformed to another person's intellect.

"Spinelli." Portia sat confused as Bradley sat back. "That gangster associate. He's irrelevant in the current era." Bradley shrugged Esme off. "I'm sorry, but who is he?" Portia asked; Esme pointed to Bradley. "He was a hacker for Sonny, A way more experienced version of him." The developer glared at Esme before defending himself. "I've worked for the C.I.A.; I was hunted down by the government to be employed; he has nothing on me."

Esme found humor as she bickered with the techie.

"Hold on, Sonny? Spencer's uncle, Sonny?" Esme nodded as Portia silently panicked. "I'll admit, he was a legend of his time, but as I told Portia before, technology constantly evolves, isn't he a private investigator now? I'm positive he's not updated on modern technology.

"Great excuse." Sam praised Trina after they placed the spoof call to the male, thanks to Spencer swiping the number from his grandmother's phone.

"I'm sending you the location now." Spinelli notified Sam, Dante, Trina, and Spencer over Facetime. Not too long after, the alerts of notifications sounded off everyone's phone. "Everything else is already in place," he added; everyone voiced their gratitude before he left.

"We should head out; this is only his current location; he may be moving soon." Dante expressed as they began to make their way into Sam's Jeep

The foursome hopped into the Jeep, Dante being the driver again as they followed the location.

A few minutes later, they arrived; the navigation, thankfully, gave them the shortest route. "This place looks familiar," Spencer noted as they parked. "Looks like one of my father's," Dante mentioned; Spencer nodded in agreement.

"Stay behind us." Dante directed the younger duo as he and Sam scoped the area before storming into the building. "Nobody move!" He screamed out as the three individuals were caught off-guard.

All three turned around wide-eyed as they stared at Dante and Sam's pistols.

-

"Mom?" Portia heard the sound of Trina's voice from behind Sam. The mother and daughter looked at one another in surprise. "What are you doing here?" Trina asked; she already knew the answer but did not believe it.

"I'm sorry." Portia's voice broke as she approached her daughter once the couple who kept their weapons in a defensive stance allowed her to.

"Why? What?, When?" Trina stumbled over her words as she retreated from Portia. "Are you fucking serious, Mom!" She finally explodes once everything finally settles. Trina's breath quickens, "What did I do to deserve this!" She screams at her mother,  "What did he do?!" She pointed at Spencer, who was just as baffled at the random team.

"What did he do?! Trina, he ruined your life!" Portia began to yell, but her voice cracked as she cried. Trina laughed as her hand flung in the air; in the corner of her eyes, she saw Dante and Sam arrest Esme and Bradley.

Spencer watched Trina intently as Portia voiced her frustrations. "He has you lying! He had you unable to eat for days! He lied to you about who he was! He brought her into your life, and she contributed to the destruction!" Portia pointed to Esme as she ended her venting.

"So you team up with her?" Trina's eyes became large in anger as she looked at the woman before her. "I was desperate, I met Bradley years ago through Curtis, and I just vented to him about the situation, and he understood!" Portia confessed; she continued as Trina tearfully listened. "He gave me the idea, and I greenlit it."

"How did you recruit Esme?" Spencer asked; he was visibly angry. Portia ignored him, "Answer the man." Trina gritted out; Portia sighed. "She overheard Bradley and me at Kelly's. She involved herself to be a model; we would've used random people." She conceded.

The sounds of sirens alarmed Trina; despite everything, she did not want her mom arrested.

"Portia Robinson –" Dante began, but Trina stopped him. "Don't, please." She begged; Spencer approached her as his cousin stared at her. He and Dante made eye contact for a moment, making Dante shake his head.

"Mrs. Robinson - Ashford, I want you to come to the station to make a statement." Dante pats her shoulders as four officers enter the warehouse with a warrant.

Portia exhaled in relief as a portion of her fear was avoided. She looked at Trina, who was shaking. "Trina.." Portia approached her daughter, who raised her hand, stopping her movement toward her. "Only because I know you won't last a day in Spridgeridge or Pentonville."

Trina stepped towards her, "From this moment moving forward, you are dead to me." Portia's soul broke as she stared into her daughter's eyes; the truth and hate that lay within them were genuine. "Trina..." she croaked as her daughter walked away.

"I hope it was worth it," Spencer commented before racing to catch up to his girlfriend.

"I'll take you both back to the house to get your car and meet with Dante," Sam stated as they entered the car. The ride was silent as they returned to Sam and Dante's home.

-

"I'm so sorry, Trina." she stopped his apologizing. "Stop, stop being sorry for her actions."

"Do you think the data plant Spinelli left on his laptop will take him down?" Trina asked, attempting to change the subject from her mother as Spencer drove away. "The fact that they received that warrant so quickly, Yes, I do." Trina chuckled, "Karma."

She suddenly left dizzy, "Spencer, everything is spinning." he glanced at her before pulling over. "Hey, hey, look at me, my love, look at me. Calm down." He held her face and hand as she trembled uncontrollably, and her breathing became irregular.

She's having a panic attack.

"Trina!" Spencer screamed as she blacked out in his hands. He cursed to himself and he redirected their drive to General Hospital.