My Highness

Prince Liam wasn't any real power in his father's kingdom. As the King, himself, had put it when Liam was finally old enough to sit on the other side of him (the Queen being on the other side), his job was just to sit and look pretty.

"Well, not pretty." He had added. "that's your mother's job, and we wouldn't want any other kingdoms getting the wrong idea."

Despite this, Liam had quickly spread as a fantasy, for everyone. From peasant men to Knights and Princes of other kingdoms, everybody dreamt of him. He had long curly brown hair cascading over his shoulders, and his official portrait (the one replicated over the nation) had him giving doe eyes to the painter. It was a flattering painting, but not unrealistic. Anyone who worked in the castle could attest that Liam was indeed gorgeous, if not beautiful. It was little surprise that the new Knight thought so as well.

Zayn Malik had grown up surrounded by other Knights until he had been appointed one as well. From there, Zayn had gained his spot at the Royal Family's palace.

Zayn had found a fond spot for the Prince, ever since Liam had stopped him in the stables and demanded "teach me how to fight. I want to be able to defend myself, I want to be more than a pretty boy figurehead."

Regular training sessions had led Zayn to sympathetize with Liam more than he had thought possible. Liam was sad, he could see that, and his father was more likely than not abusive. And Liam obviously had some secrets of his own. Including his sexuality.

It wasn't hard to notice the way Liam got, well, hard when he was pinned down by Zayn. The way his pupils dilated, and the way he shuddered and bit his lip. And especially the way he eyed Zayn when Zayn did literally anything.

So it was unsurprising when Liam pushed Zayn off him, bright red and obviously trying to position himself so his tunic hid his crotch.

"Next time, maybe." Zayn commented, leaning against the poles of the stable.

"I will beat you next time." Liam said haughtily, as he always did.

"Your Highness," Zayn started, teasing in his voice instead of genuine reverence or respect, "with all due respect, I have been training since childhood and am almost pure muscle. If you beat me, it will be a feat indeed."

Liam's face went bright red.

"How dare you!" He said, but his gaze was averted from Zayn's, and once again he was hunching, trying to cover himself with his tunic.

"I'm telling the truth, My Lord." Zayn said, taking the opportunity to fluster him. He strode forwards, stopping in front of Liam and tilting his head up with fingers underneath his chin.

"You're so much smaller than me, it's easy to overpower you."

"I have to go, my father is expecting me!" Liam said, words coming out all at once and face flaming red. "But maybe," he continued, still talking impossibly fast, "You could come to my chambers later this evening?"

He turned and walked out, as fast as possible without running.

"Of course." Zayn called out, smiling to himself.

***

That fortunate night, Zayn headed to the Royal Chambers, rapping slightly on the Prince's door.

"Come in!" Liam called from inside, voice sultry.

Zayn walked in, glancing at the lavacious room. He remembered his thoughts of revolution, but they were quickly taken away as he saw Liam laid out on the bed. The Prince was naked, except for a silk robe, tied loosely around his waist. The silk slipped to show off his sharp collarbones, and Zayn felt himself lick his lips.