Chapter 13 - Case Closed.

It feels like the air is being sucked out of me.

My ears are screaming and the lights inside the vehicle keep flickering.

There's too much talking. I can't think. Cant breathe. Cant speak.

I feel paralyzed. Immobilized. Disabled.
I've run out of words to describe the turmoil I'm experiencing.

I walk inside NYPD, calmly. Hands cuffed behind my back but I still feel powerful.

Officers stress at my arrival, some in shock because I'm actually standing in here with an official arrest. I turned around to stare out of the large doors I walked into, staring at the thousands of guards on the posts.

They're moving the spotlights around, trying to spot vigilantes or escapees in the sky or in the streets.

"My, my," An officer, wearing a sleek black suit says, hands in his pant pockets as he slowly walks towards me. "Look what the cat dragged in."

I lower my head and narrow my brows at him. The cat dragged in nothing. I have no idea who this random officer is, but he's not Striker.

The guy who brought me in grabbed my hands, trying to walk me forward. I use my shoes as brakes, "Watch your fucking hands!" More people are showing up in here. Even distant prisoners are looking.

"I can walk on my own." I snap, tugging myself away from him and rifles are lifted up. "Not here you can walk on your own," The head honcho tells me.

"Where's Striker?" He asks my arrester. "Easily disposable, sir. He has proven to be useless—"

"Watch your tongue, Lawless. You don't get in a say on how we run the laws here." The suited one snaps.

"Lo siento, Captain." Lawless mumbles. Captain? I stare at the other one. There's no way this is the captain everyone talks about.

A cop is getting too close to me with a rifle, about to poke me. I jump up and kick him in the chest. "Are you all that fucking blind?!" I straighten myself out on my feet.

"I have no weapons on me." I do a 360 to show everyone that I am literally just a sack of clothes right now. I'm dripping wet on their floor because the weather outside is so shitty.

"You, yourself are the weapon, Timber." Captain tells me, now face to face. I sneer at him in disgust. What a prick. Is that what Striker wanted? "It's embarrassing that you guys don't even have my government name."

"I do." Someone says, barging through the opposing door. Soaking wet just like me but they look like they were drowned first. Striker paves in, head high and eyes low.

"Officer," Lawless sighs with a smile. "Just on time." I'm death staring him. He slicks his hair back because it's dripping in his face and his shoes are squeaking on the marble floor.

"Indeed. It seems like you have failed your directive and can be sent home now." Captain agrees, nodding his head towards one of the girls behind a computer who started typing away.

"That's not necessary, Captain. It was his capture." Lawless says. Capture? That's how this bitch sees it? As a capture mission?

The Huntजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें