Chapter 6 - Checkered Decisions.

When my nerves finally kicked in, I shouted no, hopping off of the motorbike and taking my pistol from my pocket and aiming right at him. I had to be mindful not to hit Roco, but I focused hard enough that I landed a few shots on his shoulder — but they all bounced off.

"Get out of here!—" Roco screamed before Striker slammed his gun into the side of her head, making her stumble in her steps and keep quiet.

I shuddered and my gun started to lower. My heart was beating out of my chest and my hands were shaky of adrenaline.

Roco's eyes said everything, but she only focused on the 'run' part. I shook my head no at her, finding a loss of words.

"Listen to her, Timber. Do you want me to just kill her right now?" He barked to me, grabbing my attention quickly.

"Drop her, Striker." I started to lift my gun again. "I'm not a dog, hey?" My aim got sharper when my hands got steadier. "Oh yeah? And how did that go for you last time."

I kept my aim right at his shoulder, starting to place my finger on the trigger. I cocked my brow at him and he aimed his gun at me, giving me a sharp look.

Striker switched hand positions, putting his gun in the other hand and wrapping that arm around her neck to stop her from struggling, the now free hand was holding Roco's wrist that was tugging its way towards her gun.

I pulled on the trigger and instantly, he whipped her wrist up so her hand went in line with his shoulder; right where I was aiming.

She shouted out in pain before he muffled it with the barrel of his pistol. I froze up, again. Feet rooted to the ground like a strong tree that I couldn't pull away from, my arms slowly sticking in place like hardened sap.

I can't do anything. Yet. Not if Roco's life is on the line.

He chuckled at me, backing away into his plane and shoving her in the passenger seat, clocking her in the side of the head with his gun again to make her feel more nauseated.

By the time he took off into the sky, heading east, I was on my knees, whispering sorries for her and pressing my palms into my eyes as hard as possible. I groaned loudly.

East, I repeated to myself, lifting my head up which now felt lighter than a feather. Standing up off of the dirt, I looked at the stars and the mountains in the distance, doing a mental scan on where I was.

East... I followed my fingers from West, all the way to the east.

The only logical place he could take her that would be east is prison.

—————

I sighed, reaching over to Rocori and pulling the gag out of her mouth. She coughed, breathing for air but it only lasted so long. I knew she'd have so much to say.

"Where the fuck are you taking me?" Was the first thing, and not surprising. Danger dripped off her tongue and her eyes were angry and tired. The bloodloss in her hand was not helping her cause, she was fighting to keep her energy up.

Now, the big game changer here, is that I know Timber's listening, I can see the earpiece right in her ear.

"To prison, of course." I smiled from under the mask, a privacy precaution of mine that is a story for another day. I would tell her that Timber isn't coming for her, but she'll figure out how to get in here secretly sooner or later.

The Huntजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें