Chapter 3 - Ride or Die

I spent the rest of that day in the repair room with her plane, staring at the images of their new cop friend, picking up details on him. He carried a large shield on his back that was titled 'Police'. Was he on the swat side?

He just looked... different, than other cops. Instead of a blue outfit he wore all black. A vest with hundreds of pockets and grenade and knives sticking out of it. It was absurd.

Roco cocked her gun, investigating the parts which startled her. She hasn't said a word about the cop, frankly, it didn't seem like she cared about him or liked him.

I feel so... I stared at the photos of his face, a blank expression staring into the camera. Vulnerable. I keep thinking about the comments he left, especially about being part of a game. What are we... 5?

"Why do you keep looking at him?" Roco broke my thoughts into pieces. "Why aren't you? Shouldn't we know what we're up against?" I asked back, setting down the remote.

"We've never done this with any cop."

"But he's different."

She actually laughed, setting down her gun. "Really? How. Because he doesn't follow the police outfit code of conduct?" I shut my eyes, sighing. "No. There's more."

"No, there's not. He's a waste of time and not someone you should spend time caring about or looking into. He's just another police officer."

"Just another police officer she said!" I objected, setting down one of the crates in front of Kya. "He's not just another cop, they don't do that." Kya chuckled quietly. "She has a point."

"Really? You bitch." I deadpanned. "Hey hey hey. Don't get tight with me," Kyarra pointed a finger at me. "The best thing we can do at the moment is stay away from him, and keep him as far away from here as possible."

"Did you guys get hit in the head? I can't believe you two..." My hand rested on my forehead after setting another crate down.

"Timber have you even considered what you're going to do if you see him again?" She set the computer containing images of Striker down next to her and stood up, eye to eye with me.

"Punch him in the fucking throat and take him." I raised my brow cockily. Kya sucked on her gum and shook her head. "Do you feel like a tough guy? Do you feel like a tough guy, Timber?"

"You're being childish, Kya." I snorted, this time making it my turn to shake my head. "Oh I'm being childish? Are you kidding me?"

Tension was rising in the air like the temperatures outside for the early summer; fast. I still didn't like Kya. It didn't matter that it'd almost been a year, we were tired of each other's bullshit to a point we'd snap sooner than later.

"I'm done with this." I turned around, heading for the door but Kya grabbed her my first. Instantly, I swung my arm around, holding a gun and aiming it at her, taking it off safety. "Get your hand off me."

There was a large amount of hesitation, but she did it anyway, holding both hands in the air. Clearly puzzled.

I lifted my brows once more and put the safety back on and the gun away. No need for dramatic semantics.