13| ME AND YOU AGAIN

─────13| ME AND YOU AGAIN─────

─────❝13| ME AND YOU AGAIN❞─────

Jasmine was tired. Tired of this small space she was locked in and tired of hearing this man talk her ear off. She wanted to go home, eat something and sleep for twelve hours.

The FBI guy that Jasmine didn't bother to memorize the name of continued talking and asking questions about Dom, a question he knew he was never going to get answers to. It was getting boring and repetitive hearing him talk all this time.

Suddenly the man walks away, leaving her with another agent that she didn't know the name of either. Then the door buzzed again and she internally groaned.

"Hey, Tyler, we got a transfer."

That voice.

Jasmine knew that voice all too well and she was afraid of lifting her head and confirming her suspicions that the one that was talking was indeed him.

"You want to come with me?"

This time, the voice was in front of her and she could see his shiny shoes standing close to her. She had no choice but to look up to him. Her expression didn't change. It was anger, betrayal, disappointment, and adoration all at once.

With a sigh, she stood up and went to the door, waiting for him to open it.

Jasmine was now sitting at a restaurant booth. Brian had driven Mia back to her place and almost begged Jasmine to come with him to talk. After reassuring her best friend that everything was going to be okay, she was in this situation now.

Without meeting his eyes, she moved her cup around, admiring the liquid. She broke the tension first. "Why don't you tell me why you dragged me here away from Mia, O'Conner?"

Brian sighed. "You know they're going to capture Dom. Maybe worse." Jasmine just nodded. "I don't want you getting tangled up in this. So stay away from him."

For the first time since they met again, Jasmine locked her eyes with him. "That's all you have to say to me after five years?" Brian didn't answer. "All of a sudden, you care what happens to me."

Brian tore his eyes away from her and started speaking. "What I did to you was wrong. I'm sorry. It was... it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do."

Jasmine gulped. "I'm sorry too, Brian. I'm sorry that you had to come into my life, my home, and pretend to love me, to care for me. I'm so sorry that you ripped my family apart and I was alone. Again. I'm so sorry that it was so hard for you."

Jasmine held back the tears but Brian saw right through her and how glossy her eyes were. He just couldn't handle it. "I lied to you. I lied to Dom. I lied to everybody. That's what I do best. It's why the Feds recruited me."

Jasmine scoffed. He was more blind than she thought. "Maybe you're just lying to yourself." Jasmine scooted closer, placing her elbows on the table. "Maybe you're not the good guy pretending to be a bad one. You're a bad one pretending to be a good one." She leaned back on her chair. "Did that ever cross your mind?"