8| RACE WARS

─────❝8| RACE WARS❞─────

Today didn't feel good. It started as any normal day, where Jasmine didn't have to work and instead had another interesting activity going on. It was the day where Brian finally was going to prove himself. After spending a whole lot of money and time in fixing his car and getting it ready to race, he was ready, and Race Wars was coming to a start.

Race Wars.

She missed that place like no one could imagine. She was used to being in the cars that were racing and winning every time against cocky men that judged beautiful women. She missed the sensation that driving gave her but there was nothing she could do; driving was not her scene anymore. Even when she needed to satisfy the adrenaline rush she had.

The sun was shining bright that day, which was an indication that Race Wars was going to be amazing. And it has been. Racers from all around have been competing to see who's the best at this, and the bets have been going all day long.

Jasmine has been all day with the team, having a beer and watching the races. She's been waiting for Brian to get there for a while, still excited that everything with them has been amazing. After their first date, things have been great; Jasmine finally felt like she hit the jackpot at love because it felt right with Brian.

Mia and JJ have both been nagging her for details after she told them a small amount about what went down that night, but she wanted to keep it to herself. It was their special little moment and she didn't want outsiders knowing about it.

"Yo! Heads up, bro. We got problems." Leon's voice and frantic body came out of nowhere, alerting Dom that trouble was coming. Jasmine stood from her seat to see a familiar white car racing away from the scene.

"Where's Jesse going?"

Leon sighed. "He just raced Tran for slips."

Jasmine froze when Leon uttered those words. Why would Jesse even try that, knowing their history with Johnny Tran? She was getting scared for him and his wellbeing, and now that he's running away, things can't be good.

Tran came over, his pose following him. Jasmine squinted as he approached the group. "Where's he going?"

Dom didn't falter at his menacing tone, instead opted to remain calm and collected. "He went to the car wash."

Tran raised an eyebrow, but scoffed. "Whatever." He pointed at where Jesse was last seen. "Go fetch my car."

Dom raised an eyebrow. "Go fetch your car?" the team got closer, just in case something happened, and a fight broke out. People saw the commotion between the two racers and started getting closer, including security. "We're not on your block. You better watch who you talk to like that."