7| FIRST EVERYTHING

─────7| FIRST EVERYTHING─────

Getting ready was easier than Jasmine thought

Getting ready was easier than Jasmine thought. Apparently Mia already had in mind what she would wear, only needed to see it come true. It was a nice, burgundy dress, that went down a couple of inches above her knee with straps, paired with a black jacket. Her hair was in soft waves and she applied a minimal coat of makeup. It's been a while since she dressed up and she was feeling it.

Brian arrived to pick her up at ten o'clock sharp. When Jasmine heard the car approaching, her heart began beating faster and her hands started sweating. She was getting nervous again but some words of encouragement coming from Mia calmed her down, and allowed her to go down the stairs and meet with Brian.

The restaurant was cute, and the food was amazing. It seemed to be very popular because it was filled when they got there, but thankfully they were able to get a table for two. Jasmine had to admit she was having a lovely time; she was getting to know Brian in ways she haven't had the chance to before. And this time she was opening up a lot more than she ever has to someone she's been interested in.

They've talked about their interests, a bit of their families and what they did before they met. Jasmine even opened up about her brother, still not comfortable enough to speak about her parents, but she was getting there. She still needed more time to feel at ease talking about her accident, but she was getting there as well.

"So, how is it, anyways, that the gang came to be?" Brian asked as the night continued. Jasmine almost choked on her water at his choice of words.

"The what?"

Brian laughed. "The gang."

Jasmine scoffed once again. "The gang? We don't call ourselves a gang," Jasmine answered, taking a sip of her drink.

"What do you call yourselves, then?"

Jasmine raised an eyebrow at him. "We're a team. We call ourselves a team," she answered in sincerity. She would use the word family, but she knew Brian was talking more about the racing scene than any other thing. Although Jasmine didn't race anymore, she was still part of the team. She helped out with the cars and knew a whole lot about the vehicles and about racing, so she was still one of them, and that won't ever change.

"Sorry. All right. How did the team come to be?"

Jasmine sighed. "It's a long story with a lot of history." Brian sent her a smile, encouraging her to continue. They had all night for themselves so why not talk about it. "Okay, um. I've been Mia's best friend since we were little kids so the Torettos have always been a family to me." Jasmine smiled at the memory before continuing. "Vince grew up with Dom. Actually scratch that, he never actually grew up as you can tell. They were friends as kids. And Letty, she just lived down the street. Always into cars, ever since she was like ten years old. So, naturally, you know, Dom always had her attention. And then she turned sixteen-"

"And then she had Dom's attention," Brian finished for her. She nodded, giving him the confirmation that what he said was correct. "How does Jesse fit into the whole thing?"

Jasmine stared at him before a small grin appeared on her face. "Jesse. Well, Jesse and Leon just sort of showed up one night and never left. But, that's just the way Dom is, you know. He's like... like gravity. Everything just gets pulled to him." Jasmine stopped and stared at him with calculated eyes. "Even you."

Brian shook his head in denial. "No." He placed his cup down and looked directly into Jasmine's blue eyes. "The only thing that pulled me in was you. Being friends with Dom is just a bonus." Jasmine dropped her head, wanting to avoid Brian seeing her red as a tomato.

It felt good, though, that he was honest about what really happened. That she was the reason he was there and not some scheming plan to be friends with Dom or something. Or that's what she thought. "That's good, uh. It's nice to come first every once in a while."

Brian didn't want to push her, but he's been curious ever since he met her. "Why did you quit racing?" Jasmine, for some reason, knew this was coming. Although she was not fully prepared to answer, she felt comfortable enough with Brian now to talk about it.

"I had a terrible accident that took me out of the scene." Jasmine looked down and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "The accident killed my brother and left me with a shattered leg, that's now fully healed, and terrible trauma that I've been working on the last couple of years. So, I'm good."

Brian nodded, noticing her change of demeanor when she talked about it. He felt sorry about making her relieve that experience, but he wanted to know the real her, the Jasmine that wasn't as tough and smooth as she presented herself.

Noticing Brian was about to apologize, she shook her head to inform him that it was all good and there was no need to say sorry. A smirk fell to the lips and she looked at him. "Want to go for a drive?"

After paying, Jasmine pulled Brian to his car and gave him directions to where to go. It was the first time in years that Jasmine was going to go back to that place after avoiding it. It was a hill on the outskirts of the city where you could overlook the whole place and have a moment of peace and quiet.

Brian parked the car and hesitated for a moment before together they got out. Jasmine sat on the hood of the vehicle and patted the spot next to her for Brian to sit. He did as he was told and took his sit next to her. "How'd you find this place?" He asked her.

Jasmine looked up to the sky, noticing the shinning moon there and let out a small chuckle. "It was a spot my brother and I just to come when he was alive. We used to say this was our beach, our ocean, just our place."

"And that's your moon?"

Jasmine looked up once again and smiled, nodding her head. "Yeah, it is."

It was peaceful between them; the connection was evident ever since they first started talking and hanging out together. It's been a long time since Jasmine felt this way about someone, but she was glad It was Brian the one who made her feel special.

They stared at each other and Brian was the one to make the first move. He scooted closer to her, his head inching to hers as she did the same, following his lead. Their lips met in the middle, Jasmine closing her eyes to savor the moment. The kiss was slow at first, like they were insecure about what they were doing, but it picked up the pace when Brian placed a hand against her cheek. They were exuding hunger and lust for each other, and they were fulfilling it at that moment.

Jasmine placed a hand on his chest, and Brian leaned back, bringing her with him as the kiss continued. Brian's hand found her waist, squeezing it in a teasing manner and that's when Jasmine pulled away. One, because they were in urgent need to catch their breathes, and two, because this was not the place to do what they both had in mind. "Not here."

She slid down the hood and opened the car door, eyeing Brian as he did the same. Together, they entered the car and didn't wait a second to reattach their lips. With his hand, Brian reclined the seat as Jasmine climbed on top of him. But they didn't do it in the car, no. There was a lot of kissing involved before Brian drove them to Harry's shop where he had a bed and was currently staying. Flesh met flesh as their clothes were discarded and their lips found each other again, and they were under the covers.

Their time together was pleasant, and nothing could ruin it, not even a sketchy call from a wrong number. Nothing matters, except them, together in that bed. Nothing matters, not even when Brian knew his job was going to get in the way and he was going to lose the thing he'd learn to love.