2| EARN THE TRUST

─────2| EARN THE TRUST─────

Street races were illegal in Los Angeles, although that didn't stop the eager racers to hold their own

Street races were illegal in Los Angeles, although that didn't stop the eager racers to hold their own. Going out at night and enjoy the moment of the cars zooming past each other was relaxing for Jasmine Sutton. Although she didn't race anymore, it wasn't like she lost all connections to the cars; watching her team race and win was a pleasure.

Tonight was not different than any other as she was in Mia's room getting ready for the race. Jasmine had a red crop top paired with dark jeans and her black ankle boots. It was simple, but fashionable enough for the kind of environment they were going to be in.

The team made their way to the usual meeting spot, Jasmine riding with Letty as Mia rode with Vince, much to her dismay. The place was crowded when they arrived, almost everyone waiting for the team to get there, as Dom was the famous racer almost everyone wanted to compete against.

The five cars made their way in, as the people parted and made way for them to get in. All through the ride, Letty and Jasmine were singing along the song in the radio in a mocking way. Jasmine loved spending time with Letty, always shaving a blast. The Latina may be cold hearted and stone cold but when she let loose, she was fun and interesting to be around.

Parking the car, Letty noticed Dom flirting with two blonde girls and in annoyance, she got out and closer to her lover. Jasmine took her time to get out and made her way to stand beside Mia. From the corner of her eye, she saw JJ standing with his crew in front of his dark blue Mazda RX-7. Jasmine sends him a wave, which he returns and goes back to listening what Dom was about to say.

"Okay, Hector."

The man in question approached the crowd and greeted Dom. "Yeah? What's up, man?"

"Yo, what's up?" Another man, with dark skin and a bandana around his head, advanced towards Dom and saluted him as well. "How we doing this tonight?"

"One race. Two g buy-in," Dom says. He looks at Hector. "Hector, you're going to hold the cash." Dom hands him his money as the other racers crowd around them.

"Why Hector?" One of the guys asks.

"Because he's too slow to make away with the money, man." People ohed and cheered as the words left Edwin's mouth, Hector sending him a threatening smile. Jasmine chuckled at Edwin's antics and Mia rolled her eyes with a smile on her face.

"Hey, wait. Hold up." Jasmine straightened up at the sound of the familiar voice she's been hearing for the past three weeks. Her eyes find his body moving to Hector and she almost tripped over her feet. There stood Brian Spilner in all his glory and Jasmine couldn't deny he looked good. "I don't have any cash. But I do have the pink slip to my car."

Jasmine cringed when he said that, knowing it was not a good idea for him to be betting his car when it was the first time they were going to see him race. "You just can't climb in the ring with Ali, 'cause you think you box," Jesse said, shooting down Brian's ridiculous idea.