4| THIS IS MY FAMILY

─────4| THIS IS MY FAMILY─────

Family is one, if not the most, important thing for Jasmine

Family is one, if not the most, important thing for Jasmine. Losing hers was the most devastating things she had to go through. Year by year, she had to adapt to live without a family member, until it got to the point that she was all alone in the world. She wasn't sure she was going to feel whole again; to feel as she belongs.

Enter the Toretto siblings. They showed Jasmine that family wasn't always blood, sometimes it was the people we chose that makes up our family. They were there for her when she was in her lowest, but they never gave up on her. that's her family.

Little by little, the whole team became her family. First Letty, who was the toughest but sweetest and understanding woman she's ever met, after Mia. Her relationship with Letty was one of a kind, and Jasmine will always be grateful about how close she got to Letty. Then it was Vince, whom she's known since she was a little girl. This man was a different kind of man but he still was her family, even when he was an asshole and tended to annoy Jasmine until she wanted to rip her hair out. With Leon and Jesse, things were weird at first, since they arrived out of the blue and were now always there. But they were her brothers and will always be.

When people ask her about her family, she shows them a picture of all of them together at one of Dom's barbeques and she proudly says This is my family. She found it on her own and they are the greatest people she will ever meet.

And with family, it comes traditions. And one of theirs was to hold a barbeque at the Toretto household, just like Mia and Dom's father used to do before he died. And every time there was a barbeque coming, Jasmine was excited to attend. She made sure she had the day off and could spend as much time as she wanted there. She would come early and help Mia prepare some of the food that was going to be served, while the others were outside with the grill.

This day, the barbeque was in motion, but there was an addition to it. Brian Spilner was now attending the barbeque and socializing with them as family. Jasmine didn't mind, she was trilled, since she genuinely liked Brian; maybe not the way Mia and JJ say but she did. Besides, him and Dom have been spending most of the time fixing Brian's car so it can be ready for Race Wars.

Jasmine was inside the house, preparing the salad, while Mia was taking the other ingredients to bring outside for Dom. Brian came inside and shot a look at Jasmine, which she reciprocated with a smile. Mia observed the interaction with fascination in her eyes and cleared her throat to bring the attention to her. "Let's go, shall we?"

Brian took the bottles of beer he was supposed to get, and followed the girls out, holding the door opened for them to step out first. "Mia, Jas, the chicken's dry," Dom called as soon as he saw them in the patio.

Dom finished the chicken and they placed all the food on the table and took their seats. Dom was at the head, with Leon on the other side. Besides Dom was Mia and Jesse to his left and besides Mia was Letty and Jasmine with Brian across from her.