Family Rivalry

"Let's now start the ritual..." The preist says. He sets an old leather book on the altar. In the middle of the dark room is a table with ingredients and runes drawn on it.

Three men walk into the candle lit room carrying a young man dressed in rags and strapped in chains.

"What exactly are you up to old man?" Revan asks the old priest.

"By the king's orders, I along with the youngest son of the Bishop of Schicksal are tasked with an important mission." The old priest said. "And, I need your help Revan."

"What is it that your making? And why did you need me to get the blood from that emperor class demonic beast?"

"We are going to make our very own artificial Herrscher."

[....]

"Do I have to wear this? It feels like I'm on a leash!" Touya grunts violently tugging on the collar of her suit. She is wearing black slacks and a white long sleeve dress shirt with a royal blue vest over it. Her hair was neatly brushed and combed into a neat side part.

"Yes, now stay still." Touya's mother Cecilia fixes her youngest' tie making sure it wasn't suffocating her baby. "There, you look absolutely adorable~!" Cecilia hugs Touya tightly close to her chest.

"Hmm! HM!"

Cecilia let's go and lovingly pats Touya's head. Touya huffs but relaxes into the woman's embrace.

Touya's father Kevin walks into the room holding both Alyssa and Bianka in his arms along with Alexander following behind him.

"The carriage is here, is everyone ready?" Kevin asked his family.

"We can head out now, I've just finished helping Touya with her clothes." Cecilia says and picks up Touya.

The Kaslana family then heads into their carriage and makes their way to the castle.

"Why do we have to go anyway? It's just some regular old party." Touya says, Kevin playfully tugs her cheek. "Dadddd! Quit it!"

"We're going because it's the first prince's birthday. And also because I'm the ArchDuke. It would be disrespectful not to go." Kevin explains.

"We won't be there long Touya," Bianka speaks. "Just in and out."

Touya frowned and cuddled up into her mother's side. "Fine..."

Alyssa rolls her eyes and goes back to looking out the window with Alexander.

Bianka pokes her head out the window letting the late afternoon breeze hit her face.

"Woah, is that the castle up ahead?" Bianka asked.

"Yup, pretty big right? This will be my second time going into the palace." Said Alexander.

At the front gates of the palace, the carriage pulled to a stop. Behind the Kaslana's carriage are two more luxurious looking ones.

The Kaslana family were the first ones to step out, the family wearing their clan colors. Blue, white, and black.

The next noble family that stepped out of their carriage is the Cross clan. A family of seven. The head of the family is a tall man in his mid forties, Zephyrus Cross. He has shiny black hair that's slicked back, deep grey eyes and wears a black suit with silver trimmings. His wife Galadriel Cross, Galadriel has beautiful dark purple hair that reaches her waist line, she is wearing a black ball gown with a variety of golden jewels.

Zephyrus and Galadriel have four children. Zephyr Cross, the eldest son looked like a younger version of his father. Gamora Cross, the second eldest child and eldest daughter. Onyx Cross, the third eldest and second eldest son. And last but not least Delia Cross, the youngest daughter and sibling of the four.

Kevin and Zephyrus glare at each other at first glance. There was obviously something going on between the family heads.

For the past couple of years, they've been a small rivalry between Kevin Kaslana and Zephyrus Cross since their academy days.

While the two men glared at each other, their wives greeted each other happily and talked while their children looked at each other.

The eldest son Zephyr seemed to look at Alexander with disgust while the young Kaslana male just smiled politely. Bianka mostly stood behind Alyssa who just stares off into space while Touya had a lovestruck expression on her face when she first saw Dehlia.

'Shes pretty...!'