Chapter 1.

The twins sat at the roof, letting the winds blow and ruffle their hairs while they were watching the sky. They occasionally spot a yokai flying above their mansion and they will just nod back when they see them nodding at them out of respect.

"Rikuo, Why won't you accept it?" Rika asked, leaning her head on her twin's shoulder. Rikuo had put his arm on Rika's shoulder out of habit.

Rika felt Rikuo shrug then sigh. "You know why."

"But there will be a time when both of us will be successors. That's what.....father said." Rika whispered as they felt another wind. "And besides, there aren't any candidates to become the third head except us."

No matter how long time passed, Rika still can't say 'father' without feeling that familiar pull on her gut. It's been years since that incident.

"Maybe, maybe not." Rikuo sighed, yet again, talking about whether he'll accept or not. Rikuo can't decline his grandfather's offer fully. He tried to tell the supreme commander to just give the title to his twin but Rika was stubborn.

She told Rikuo that she'll only accept the title when Rikuo accepts it himself.

#RIKA

My blood boiled for a moment. The yokai were gaining on us. Kana is on Rikuo's back. Funny how we are running away from a yokai right now when we are a part-yokai ourselves. And a candidate for being the commander ourselves.

We tripped at the broken chair hidden by the dark corridor where we are running on and fell to the ground. My blood boiled again and I know Rikuo's did too.

The yokai was already above us.

 I thought about transforming and get the hell out of here or tell this yokai whose boss. I looked at Rikuo and I made eyecontact with crimson eyes. The night rikuo.

Suddenly, we heard glass shattering. I covered myself from the flying shards and stayed like that until I heard a familiar voice.

"Are you alright, Master?" Yuki-Onna helped me stand up while Aotabo helped Rikuo.

"I'm fine. You saved us back there." I dusted myself. "Can you feel two of our other friends around?"

"They are already gone, Master." Yuki-Onna giggled. "They ran home claiming that they saw a yokai but they were just scared."

"Good. Better than them getting hurt." I sighed in relief, watching my twin adjust Kana on his back. We went outside to avoid another yokai attacking us.

"Both of you were about to transform!" Yuki-Onna exclaimed, surprising us both.

"If only we arrived a little later, we could've seen you transform." Ao groaned.

"Well—" I started but Kana suddenly groaned, Ao and Yuki-Onna disappeared in a second.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, crouching down beside them.

"Can you stand, Kana-chan?" Rikuo asked, worry on his face.

"T-There was a yokai!" She exclaimed.

I laughed. "No there wasn't. I tripped and pulled you with me. When I looked at you, you passed out. I think you had hit your head or something. Sorry about that."

Kana shook her head, still dazed. "I-is that so.... I guess it was just my imagination."

"Kiyotsugu-kun and Shima-kun went ahead of us." Rikuo said when we started walking home.