Chapter 15.

The twins froze, too shocked to even react on what their close friend told them.

Not until Rika guffawed.

"What the hell, Hiro." She pinched his leg and the latter stepped away as he shot her a playful glare. "Now you insist we are the demons? We didn't know how to react."

"It's okay even if you don't confirm it." Hiro shrugged, flicking the twin's foreheads as he continued walking to the bathroom. "Just be safe out there and try not to show how stressed you are."

Hiro disappeared and the twins let out a long sigh as Kejoro arrived, serving them each a cup of tea.

"Kejoro, gather everyone for a meeting."

"Yes, Master." The female yokai bowed before excusing herself.

"Hiro shocked me." Rika chuckled and laid back down on the floor. "I didn't expect him to put the pieces together that fast. We should do a better job hiding it."

"I know." Rikuo sighed and stood up, offering his hand to pull his twin to stand. "But Hiro realizing that is currently in the last of our list. Let's go, the meeting is regarding the tochigamis."

Rika nodded and was about to put her hand on Rikuo's when she suddenly realized what Yura was talking about earlier about the rabbits. She laughed and Rikuo shot her a strange look as he pulled her.

"Rikuo, I just realized what Yura-chan was talking about earlier-the rabbits and stuff." She grinned and dusted her clothes. "She probably thinks there is something going on between you and Yuki-Onna."

"What?!"

"Yeah. We know you like Kana. It's only Kana who is clueless. She probably thought you were going after the two girls."

"What do you mean you guys know?!" Rikuo panicked.

"Yura, Maki, Torii and I know, you idiot." Rika laughed at her twin's expression. "You're easy to read."

"Masters, you called for a meeting?" Kurotabo called out as they turned on the corner.

"Yeah." Rika nodded and winked at her embarrassed twin. "Let's continue the conversation later."

-

"Listen up." Rikuo started. "I need everyone to stand guard around shrines in our town. Do not leave them unless someone will cover for you. Rika and I think that the flashy attacks the Shikoku yokais does but it is a diversion for their real goal, attacking Tochigamis."

"Diversion?" Yuki-Onna questioned.

"Yes." Rika nodded in grim. "They are trying to shake us down by our foundations. The little gods gather our town's fear and faith, destroying them will put us in a disadvantage. We're not going to let them do as they please as long as Rikuo and I are here to protect this town. Everyone, we're counting on you."

"Move out." The twins chorused and the yokais bowed before disappearing.

Rikuo and Rika went to the sakura tree as they waited for Yuki-Onna's report.

"Masters, everyone is already in position." Yuki-Onna told them. "I also received a report from Aotabo. It seems that Kiyotsugu-kun and Shima-kun is currently in the shrine they are guarding."

"What?" They chorused and split up, leaving a confused Yuki-Onna.

"Yuki-Onna, you come with me." Rikuo called out.

"Yes Master!"

Rikuo and Rika's friends were playing cards inside the large room when Rika came in.