Chapter 14

Rikuo and I sat at the roof and tried to relax again after two of our childhood friends saw our night forms. 

“Hiro is pretty calm for a person who saw yokais.” Rikuo commented, staring at the moon. 

“I know. He wasn’t even fazed by seeing us for the first time. I wonder if he had seen yokais before.” 

"Yura came over earlier. I forgot to tell you." Rikuo mumbled beside me. I leaned my chin on my hands as I looked at him. "That was when you and Hiro went to meet with one of the senpais about the student council again." 

"She didn't look around?" I asked. 

He smirked and shook his head. "No, Mother gave her food and she was really enjoying herself. Kagibari-Onna is targeting her. She discovered her before and I think that yokai might attack her anytime. I sent Kejoro to follow Yura for now to protect her if anything happens." 

"Alright." I was about to stand up when Sanba-garasu siblings landed behind us and bowed. 

"Masters. We found Kagibari-Onna." Kuromaru reported. 

"I'll go this time." Rikuo told me as he stood and I nodded. 

"I'll go meet with Gyuuki and the others first and tell them about it." 

"Thanks."

----

3rd person’s POV

Rika was asking the elders some advice on how to face the enemy when Rikuo arrived. 

“You’re back early?” Rika questioned, watching her twin settle down beside her. Rikuo nodded at her as he faced the elders. 

“Kagibari-Onna had targeted one of our friends but it is taken care of for now.” He explained.

“We still have the problem of the enemies targeting the elders.” Rika pointed out and looked at Daruma. “Is it offensive if we add more bodyguards knowing that all of you are one of the greatest yokais and can deal with them?”

Daruma laughed. “It is true we were yokais who were strong in our younger days but we are hundreds of years older now. We do not fight as strong as we did. The additional body guards may be done but only when outside.” 

“Yes. Daruma is right. It is also a right decision that you call and insist every council member to stay here in the mansion, although most of them question you by bringing your friends along.” Gyuuki added. “According to my observation, they are targeting the council members.” 

“I wonder if they are trying to annihilate the Nura clan after all.” Karasu-Tengu sighed. 

“Our members are being attacked one after the other, so I think that might be obvious.” Daruma sighed in defeat.

“No. Annihilating our clan won’t be beneficial to them in the future.” Gyuuki pointed out and the other two elder demons nodded, realizing what Gyuuki said. 

Rikuo and Rika listened to them throwing questions to each other until all of them settled in silence and tried to think what these Shikoku yokai’s real objectives are.

“It’s dawn.” Rikuo announced and headed over to the lamp, blowing the candles out as they transformed back to their human forms. 

Rika volunteered to be the one to wake their friends and got lost on her thoughts while walking to where her friends are. 

What might be the shikoku’s real objectives? Since the start, they have been targeting the council members. 

Rika stopped walking when she turned on the corner. She clenched her hand to fists before opening them and stared at it. First was Hihi and she couldn’t do anything to save him. Then they attacked their house and then another council member. What are their objectives?