2.Consternation

So this was drawn by my friend RyanBerries. It was one of the first fan arts I received, so it's special to me.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I forgot to say that while I did make the cover for this book, my friend Nil really gave me some pointers to make it look a lot better.
✧✰✧

When Grian stirred awake once again, this time he was not met with a sharp pain. This time it had dulled some, more of a painful soreness that pinned him onto the bed. He let out a groan as he moved his body to sit up. The soreness posed as crushing weight, fighting against him, but he was able to do it.

His head was throbbing. A headache and black spots clouding his vision threatened to make him pass out all over again. He took long, painful breaths to steady himself. It didn't get rid of the headache, but at least the lightheadedness and black spots disappeared.

Now that was done with, Grian could take the time to collect his thoughts. He had run away from the Watchers and this must've been the place he ended up in. It was a simple room, made of simple stone brick slab floor and ceiling. Stone bricks were also used for the walls. There wasn't much décor, just a bed, a bed stand and a chair near the bed. A single window let light in, but Grian couldn't see the outside world from where he was.

There was no sound except for the hum of pistons pushing and minecarts rolling on tracks. It must be some kind of redstone at work. The sound , however, seemed loud to the ex-Watcher that was used to the complete and utter silence of the Downside Up.

Shifting a bit, he paused as he felt something other than the silky smooth robes he was used to wearing in the temple. He looked down at himself, finding that he was now in a soft cotton button up and based on feel alone, he could tell his pants were made to match. 

Had he made this place for himself? Had he changed his clothes? His blood ran cold as he realized he must not have, that someone found him. Someone took off his clothes. Did they undo his bandage? They could have easily unwrapped it.

Drawing breaths as sharp as daggers, he began to spiral. Whoever it was could have easily seen his true form. They'd see he was a Watcher. They'd call the Watchers, and they'd take him all over again. He'd go to the Void. No— two incidents of leaving the Downside Up, that was completely unforgivable. They'd kill him in cold blood without a second thought. He was going to die! After all these years, never really living, he'd die! This was all for nothing, his life had been wasted and worthless! He had been a slave to the Watchers his whole life and now that he had his first taste of freedom, this would spell out his doom! Just what was it that he had done?

He hadn't noticed how tears had begun to flow freely down his face, but he did notice how tight his buttoned collar seemed. Had it gotten tighter? It was nearly choking him, he couldn't breathe. The fabric was as heavy as a thick blanket, and he was subconsciously aware of the sweaty wetness between his skin and it. It had turned into an adhesive, bringing the fabric to stick to him, causing him to sweat all the more. In the process, his clothes seemed to tighten even more around him, despite the fact that they were meant to be baggy, causing the choking feeling to worsen.

He let out a cry as he pictured one of the Watchers coming after him. They'd grab him by the wing, then rip off his power concealer. They'd scold him with signed hands digging into his flesh, letting his blood spill out. They would break each one of his wings, playing with them to cause even more pain. From there, he would be put on trial with each of the Watchers spitting out their grievances with him. Just like with any person put on trial, he'd be declared guilty, having an unforgivable sin. Unlike humans though, it would lead to his demise.