eu amo isso

Living with Klaus was delightful. Not only was he a charming man, but he was an easy man. Like the good doctor, Five knew he could speak freely if he was alone with Klaus.

The only irritation was, well, what the hell were they doing in Cleveland Ohio?

"Vee likes how easy it is to visit you now," Klaus said. "You're just a hop, skip, and a jump away."

"Why is Vanya dictating my life?" Five said. "Or yours? Or any of ours?"

Klaus shrugged. "She's the alpha now."

"I don't mean to be petulant," Five said. "But it irritates me that she put up such a fuss about therapy, only to... you know."

"To yank you away from the doctor you liked," Klaus said. "I know buddy. I'm so sorry. But hey! The world is your oyster and I'm not your jailer."

"And what about you?" Five said. "Don't your boyfriends miss you?"

"Okay, no," Klaus said. "They aren't boyfriends. We've talked about this."

"Yes, yes," Five said. "I understand that you call yourself 'solo poly' now, but they still qualify as boyfriends."

"One of them is a girl," Klaus said. "But any-who. They can visit me."

Five wrinkled his nose.

"I'll get a hotel," Klaus said. "I won't bring them in here."

"Thank you," Five said. "I don't mean to shame you-"

"No shame at all," Klaus said. "I get you."

Five nodded. "Thank you."

"Are you worried?" Klaus said.

"No," Five said. "I believe you when you say you feel no shame."

"Oh," Klaus said. "Thanks, but I meant... like, are you worried in general?"

Five tilted his head. "Generalities are too large, Klaus."

"Sorry," Klaus said. "I'll be specific with my guess. Are you worried about Allison?"

"Of course not," Five said. "She's a big girl."

"A'course she is," Klaus said. "But she's also a sad girl. It's okay to be worried."

Five sighed.

"Also," Klaus said. "Vee isn't the boss of you. If you miss Allison, you can go back."

"It's fine," Five said. "She'll be fine."

"What about you?" Klaus said.

Five squinted at him. "I... am not favoring Allison over you."

"No," Klaus said. "I'm not being like that."

"Sure," Five said.

Klaus sighed.

"I understand you," Five said. "All of you. You were neglected as children."

"It's no excuse," Klaus muttered. "We fucked up."

"No," Five said. "You-"

"Any-who," Klaus said. "Wanna build a snowman?"

Five chuckled. "I'd love to."

Initially, Baby Five and Diego were synonymous. Both boys were as jaded and angsty as Linkin Park's lead vocalist.

Thus, they were atrocious conversationalists. Especially with strangers.